Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

2way 2gang double switch 2

Milos5888

Question

Hello can someone explain me how

to connect double switch 2 in to 2way 2 gang installations? I have installed all in my flat by myself but I am struggling only with this. Attached pictures of buttons on 1 side.

when I install it I cant switch the lights on neither on one switch on both side when I click b button I can just hear click in double switch but that’s all

thanks 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

8 answers to this question

Hi Milos - the online manual shows the wiring diagram. Unfortunately your pictures don't help as we can't tell where the wires are going. I'd strongly suggest getting an electrician to help you with this.

Hi,

First you need neutral line in switch to install Fibaro relay, most older houses don't have it - they have only live wire.

If you are not sure about it, then probably getting electrician as Tim said is good idea.

Also why you install relay for light switch when there are nice z-wave touch glass light switches.

If you have neutral line, then you can use something like this:

Please login or register to see this link.

And without neutral line:

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by ivx

• Inquirer
  • 9 hours ago, Tim__ said:

Hi Milos - the online manual shows the wiring diagram. Unfortunately your pictures don't help as we can't tell where the wires are going. I'd strongly suggest getting an electrician to help you with this.

Hi Tim, can You point me to the diagram because i cant see one  i only see the diagram for 2 circuits via one Switch/or 2 buttons Switch however i have 2 double Switch on 2 different places from both Switch i do Control same  2 circuits

9 hours ago, Tim__ said:

On the other other Switch i have 2x black cable and 2x grey one and 1 brown

2 hours ago, Milos5888 said:

Hi Tim, can You point me to the diagram because i cant see one  i only see the diagram for 2 circuits via one Switch/or 2 buttons Switch however i have 2 double Switch on 2 different places from both Switch i do Control same  2 circuits

On the other other Switch i have 2x black cable and 2x grey one and 1 brown

typically 2way, 2 gang looks like L into first switch, two wires to second switch, output from second switch to lamp.

The FIBARO modul need therefore between output of secod switch and the lamp, so no matter hwo/what you click, the output will give S1 (and S2 for the other channel) signal, and Q1 (Q2) will controll the lamps.
    That means, you don't need two DoubleSwitch2, you need only one, behind the last switch.

EDIT: of course you need L and N for the Module:-

- if you don't have N you can use Dimmer2 (in switch 2 wire mode, maybe Bypass2 is necessary as well parallel to lamp, depends on lamp)

- if you have N, but no L, you must replace switches to push version, and change wiring, so L will get from first switch over one of the wires you have.

Edited by tinman

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, tinman said:

typically 2way, 2 gang looks like L into first switch, two wires to second switch, output from second switch to lamp.

The FIBARO modul need therefore between output of secod switch and the lamp, so no matter hwo/what you click, the output will give S1 (and S2 for the other channel) signal, and Q1 (Q2) will controll the lamps.
    That means, you don't need two DoubleSwitch2, you need only one, behind the last switch.

EDIT: of course you need L and N for the Module:-

- if you don't have N you can use Dimmer2 (in switch 2 wire mode, maybe Bypass2 is necessary as well parallel to lamp, depends on lamp)

- if you have N, but no L, you must replace switches to push version, and change wiring, so L will get from first switch over one of the wires you have.

Hello 

the pics You can see is first Switch there are two L wires 2 pairs of cable grey and black Going to second Switch and of course N - blue one and 2 brown Going to the 2 lights

. On second Switch there 2 pairs of grey and black wires coming from first  Switch and one brown Going to light. So of course i need one double Switch just dont know how to connect It. 

And the first Switch i wanna Control via MOBILE phone so thats another thing to add/)

4 minutes ago, Milos5888 said:

Hello 

the pics You can see is first Switch there are two L wires 2 pairs of cable grey and black Going to second Switch and of course N - blue one and 2 brown Going to the 2 lights

. On second Switch there 2 pairs of grey and black wires coming from first  Switch and one brown Going to light.

as said above ... the lamp cable (brown) to Q1 and S1 to the switch instead of the brown cable. And of course L and N needs to be connected.

4 minutes ago, Milos5888 said:

So of course i need one double Switch just dont know how to connect It.

you said above "however i have 2 double Switch on 2 different places", so one again, leave the wiring as it is, and conect only one DoubleSwitch2 to second wall switch, that'S all.

• Inquirer
  • On 9/16/2022 at 2:47 PM, tinman said:

as said above ... the lamp cable (brown) to Q1 and S1 to the switch instead of the brown cable. And of course L and N needs to be connected.

you said above "however i have 2 double Switch on 2 different places", so one again, leave the wiring as it is, and conect only one DoubleSwitch2 to second wall switch, that'S all.

Well in second Switch i dont have neutral wire. Since its All in first Switch. And first Switch will not have buttons It will be only connected to Fibaro double Switch module

ok, so you can still try one of the following configurations:

- use under second switch FIBARO Dimmer2 (if your lamp can't be dimmed, configure Dimmer2 to on/off only)

- on your pictures, i see FIBARO Walli, so you might use this here - Walli Switch instead of first switch, and second switch as is.