Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Confused about Energy Panel and Qubino Smart Meter

fuser99

Question

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about how Fibaro HC3 interprets Qubino smart meter. I've just added it to my system and I'm trying to figure it out how energy panel work.

I've attached a screenshot regarding how Fibaro see the meter. The last 6 counters are set as "production" by default. I don't know why because I don't have any solar system yet and I didn't set it like that. The issue is that those "production" counters have readings (for example 392.0.9 - which is "detected" as production meter) and this confuses me and the energy panel as well (screenshot 2).

Is this a bug or I have to tune the configuration in order to fix it?

I'm using Fibaro software version 5.120.10.

Thank you in advance.

Ps. Sorry for my bad english, I'm not native speaker.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Generally device reports support for both production and consumption values - because of that it is represented like that in the system.
On endpoint 1 (tiles with default names x.1.y) you got summary Energy Production, summary Energy Consumption, summary Power production and summary Power Production tiles.
Summary as from all phases.

Go to Energy Panel Settings and just select Energy Consumption device a"Energy consumption meters" and Power Consumption in "Instantaneous power consumption meters".

Then the App will show you your summary energy consumption and current power draw in W. 

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, m.roszak said:

Generally device reports support for both production and consumption values - because of that it is represented like that in the system.
    On endpoint 1 (tiles with default names x.1.y) you got summary Energy Production, summary Energy Consumption, summary Power production and summary Power Production tiles.
    Summary as from all phases.

Go to Energy Panel Settings and just select Energy Consumption device a"Energy consumption meters" and Power Consumption in "Instantaneous power consumption meters".

Then the App will show you your summary energy consumption and current power draw in W. 

I only have 1 phase and I use the 1 phase Qubino smart meter. Should I understand that each counter is doubled (once for consumption and once for production) ? This makes no sense because there's no way you can use the same meter to measure consumption and production in the same time. It is more logical not to have defined as consumption and production and have only once and be able to set in advanced what is it (consumption or production).

The way Fibaro handle this meter is that I can't disable production and is always show consumption = production and grid 0. I don't know how to disable production counter, I even tried to disable the meter for "production" and is still counted in the energy panel.

Edited by fuser99

Sorry, I assumed that you are using 3phase meter and even did not check the screenshot correctly.

Reported production values should be visible only on production tiles, the same with consumption ones.
    There are separate tiles for this and normally those values are not doubled in any way.

It is strange that you have also Watts produced reported - no such issue with 3phase meter.
    As you can see on the screen production energy (392.0.6) is 0, so device did not count any energy produced.

I will report this, we will verify on our 1phase meter and check it out. 

• Inquirer
  • 7 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

Sorry, I assumed that you are using 3phase meter and even did not check the screenshot correctly.

Reported production values should be visible only on production tiles, the same with consumption ones.
    There are separate tiles for this and normally those values are not doubled in any way.

It is strange that you have also Watts produced reported - no such issue with 3phase meter.
    As you can see on the screen production energy (392.0.6) is 0, so device did not count any energy produced.

I will report this, we will verify on our 1phase meter and check it out. 

392.0.6 didn't count yet because it was just added and reset. I'm pretty sure it will update once time passes.

I checked two different HC3 and the same issue is with both. Both use software version 5.120.10.

It is definitely a bug. Perhaps Fibaro could look into this?

What version of 1Phase meter do you have?
    As I mentioned before, we will look into it. 

Please also download logsDump from the system, it will help.

To do this use this url in browser:
    <gatewayIP>/api/service/ logsDump

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, m.roszak said:

What version of 1Phase meter do you have?
    As I mentioned before, we will look into it. 

Please also download logsDump from the system, it will help.

To do this use this url in browser:
    <gatewayIP>/api/service/ logsDump

The smart meter is Qubino ZMNHTD1 Smart Meter Z-Wave Module for Smart Home Rail DIN

I don't know how to check which firmware.

I've attached the LogsDump file.

Thank you.

• Inquirer
  • Any updates regarding the "production" issue with the Qubino Single Phase Smart Meter?