Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGS222 EU 2.2 Double Relay Switch - Pairing with new HC3

JamJam1980

Hi All

my HC2 died sadly after many years of service so I bought a brand new HC3, but a lot of my old Fibaro modules like the FGS222 EU v2.2 I can't seem to pair with my HC3 now. I like the FGS222 as the Q1/Q2 can act as relays with no power and I use them for my garage doors to open and shut (which just needs a brief momentary connection to trigger the door) but now I cant seem to re-pair these modules to my new HC3 - can anyone help?

I tried to reset the module but still no luck

Thanks

Hi

The FGB-222 module is only zwave, I recommend you to replace it with the successor the FGS-224, with zwave plus. I've had some bad experience with mixture of zwave and zwave plus devices on the same Fibaro homecenter. Another solution is the Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS-222 module for this use case. This would give you even more features.

If you still want to use the FGB222 make sure:

the old Fibaro HC2 is powered off.

Try resetting it according to the manual

After reset power it up again, the LED must flashing red if the reset was successful.

Sometimes it helped, connecting the zwave module to another zwave network like an Fibaro homecenter or Aeotec Zwave Stick.

Best regards

What @Fabir says is good advice but there is also this:

I am going to copy/paste a procedure I posted on this forum at least 20 times in 10 years, and it is still valid ;)

Maybe the device has been used before and needs a reset by doing an "exclusion"

Any controller can exclude and reset any z-wave device at any time. So put your HCx or whatever controller in "delete" mode (devices tab) like you would if you would want to exclude an existing device. Then perform the "right exclude click sequence" on the device, it is in the manual of that device, it will be the same as the "include" sequence. Many Fibaro devices allow you to use S1 for that, and a (small) button on the device. Do not guess, check the manual! The fact that your current controller might be or might not be the original hub (the one that has included, or had included the device) does not matter. Any controller can exclude and reset any z-wave device at any time.

The Exclusion procedure for "FGS-222" for example (other devices have similar procedure but best to check the manual):

Removing (Exclusion) - Z-Wave device learning mode, allowing to remove the device from existing Z-Wave network.
To remove the device from the Z-Wave network:

1. Place the module within the direct range of your Z-Wave controller.
2. Set the main controller in remove mode (see the controller’s manual).
3. Quickly, three times press the S1 switch (if this is a push-button).  For toggle switch(es) perform 3 position changes.
4. Wait for the removing process to end.
5. Successful removing will be confirmed by the Z-Wave controller’s message.

Again, you may think: "this won't work because the device was never included on this controller" but that does not matter. Please do try it, it will work, I am 100% certain. It is a feature of Z-Wave.

If instead of getting a "deleted" message (step 5) you see the controller exclusion timer keeps counting down until it times out... the controller did not "hear" the module and something is wrong.

If the exclusion process does not work, the device might have range issues, power supply issues or it might be broken. If it is a new device, a rare, but possible cause is that your module and controller have different frequencies.

After that, try to "include" again...

• 11 months later...