Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

smart implant with 3rd party shutters central control BECKER TC 42

Milos5888

Question

Hello can you please advise me if I can connect smart implant to that device? In order to for example associated with motions sensor? The 3rd party device is described in attachment thanks so much for your help

Please login or register to see this attachment.

9 answers to this question

If you want to operate the blinds also with your HA as paralel I should go with a roller shutter.

I don't see a potential free contact on your Becker device.

@Milos5888

The exact reason or requirement for using SI with this device is not clear to me.
As the name suggests,
"TC42 Centronic TimeControl" is a timer.
Actually, it is a smarter version of the push-button control of the blinds up/down according to the set time and other details, see the manual.
In a nutshell:
If you wanted to use the SI input to detect the last up/down command, you can't, because the outputs of the TC42 are directly connected to 230V - you would have to add two relays to the circuit, and only connect the SI inputs to the potential-free contacts.
If you wanted to control the blinds from the SI, again you can't, because its outputs are not designed for this load, you would again have to add two relays.

In short... if you already have a TC42, replace it with a RollerShutter3 and regular buttons. Process the following intelligence in HC3. This way you get direct monitoring of the state of the blinds and their full integration into home automation.
Yes, it can be painful, because you spend about 100 Euro and have to buy an RS3 for another 50, but it is probably the only reasonable way (if you are seriously interested in integration).

• Inquirer
  • Well great explanation. One more question the TC 42 is central button which close All shutters.  In All other mounting holes of buttons which Control Each shutter and there is already another Becker module uc42 for controlling each shutter if i replace the central one will It work still as a central button for All shutters?

As you mount the Roller shutter paralel, connect S1 and S2 to your TC42, and the TC42 will still work

12 hours ago, Sjakie said:

As you mount the Roller shutter paralel, connect S1 and S2 to your TC42, and the TC42 will still work

Isn't it clear to me, to see it? If you install RS3 parallel to TC42 so that RS3 S1/S2 will be on the outputs of TC42 will happen that it is able to detect the denunciation from TC42 and the presence is to HC.
    RS3 outputs will not be connected to the engine.

Then, in terms of the functionality of the blinds, nothing has anything.

@Milos5888

If you consider the "functionality of functionality", change all UC42 for RS3.
    Under the TC42, install Take RS3 and plug as Sjakia. Then the TC42 according to time plans and other settings to control the help of the relevant RS3 and the scene and the other RS3. But for me it is a lot of complication and the theme. Better to solve without TC42 and ridite help and other blinds.

Try to describe exactly, you want to achieve. So far we just guess what you would like that.

eM.

• Inquirer
  • @

Please login or register to see this link.

one more thing by RS3 and regular button you mean module and monetary switch ? Insead of this can i buy RS3 switch not module ?

@Milos5888

The answer is quite simple. Depends on you.

Each solution has pluses and minuses. The point is that the separate module allows the use of several different switch designs, it has inputs S1 and S2. There may be a greater requirement for the depth of the installation box. The integrated module in the Walli roller shutter can be installed in a small box, but it does not contain S1 and S2 inputs (they are actually on the shutters). In addition, you are limited to a couple of manufacturers of replaceable covers (you don't have to use Fibaro rounds, but you can use some Gira, Legrand (55 system).

Anyway, back to the original question. You didn't write exactly what you want to solve, what you have to do, what should be the result.
    So you only get a piece of information full of assumptions.

And actually... it's not about the Smart Implant, it's about the blinds.

• Inquirer
  • Hey @Martin_N

.I decided to get rid of the Becker units and put only fibaro. 

I have question: 

What shall I install to the switch which located by my entrane which was used to control all of the shutters at once by Becker TC 42?? Roller Shutter 3 or Walli Shutter?? 

Same question for the local switches in each room controlling the only shutter in each room ? I would prefer walli shutters to keep the design.. 

Please let me know.... 

Edited by Milos5888

• Inquirer
  • @Martin_N Hey Martin.I decided to get rid of the Becker units and put only fibaro. 

I have question: 

What shall I install to the switch which located by my entrane which was used to control all of the shutters at once by Becker TC 42?? Roller Shutter 3 or Walli Shutter?? 

Same question for the local switches in each room controlling the only shutter in each room ? I would prefer walli shutters to keep the design.. 

Please let me know....