Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Any update on GPS issues? Please...

Neo Andersson

Question

Hello Fibaro developers

Anyone can give us any update about the situation with Geofencing issues..

At this moment i am not able to offier this functionality to my customers..

It just doesnt work. On some devices it works at the beginning, but late it stops working.

I have tested it on my houe with several different phones, both android and IOS devices too.

On andoroid it never works, and on IOS it sometime works sometime doesnt.

A lot of customers is asking this feature...can we give them some release date of some fixes?

Thanks

10 answers to this question

For test I use fa a scene with notification or email and I get always a notification if location changes.

Perhaps strength phone signal?

• Inquirer
  • Just now, Sjakie said:

For test I use fa a scene with notification or email and I get always a notification if location changes.

Perhaps strength phone signal?

No. I have tried like 8 different phones. Tried to detect location changes with scenes, and with LUA code too.

Geofencing never tiggers..this is a so long lasting problem, that our concurrent brands have perfectly working. We tried it with Hubitat, and everything is reported as it should..

All the settings are properly done..so the problem is not with any type of phone settings...

In yubii geofencing is ON,and i have not a single restrction for YUBII in my phone at all..

Really sad, that  i cant tell anything to customers..

Well, probably not the answer you are looking for, if notting else works, IFTTT works like a charm. IFTTT never misses a beat, leaving and entering a geofence. And for two actions still for free. 

• Like 1

Most Iphone users know this but just in case......

In the locationsettings you see a little arrow that indicates wether your app is using locationservice.

When the arrow is grey it means that the app has used locationservice the last 24 hours.

When the arrow is purple, the app is using the locationservice at that moment.

So i did a small test...

I made a simple blockscene that turns a light on when i enter my location as set in HC3.

First i did it with my car.

I drove away, far outside the geofence circle and came home but nothing happened.

While i was driving i saw the arrow in locationservice turned into purple for about 3 or 4 minutes just once.

Second i did it while walking.

When i was walking for about 10 minutes but still INSIDE the geofence circle the arrow turned into purple for about 3 or 4 minutes.

After an hour walk i went home and when i came into the geofencecircle the arrow turned into purple again and light turned on.

So this is what i think....(please correct me if i'm wrong because i don't know how the crappy app works or how the Iphone handles those things)

The location on your phone is not updated frequently enough.

When you leave home for more then about then minutes the app knows that you are away from home (outside geofence circle).

When you return to home and you are lucky that the arrow turns purple when you come into the geofencecircle things will work.

When the arrow stays arrow stays grey, nothing happens.

I noticed that the arrow changes color from grey to purple about every 10 minutes for the Yubii app.

A little test with facebook locationservice turned on i noticed that the arrow stays purple.

Again, i really don't know if my toughts are correct but this is what i think.

So please Fibaro, @m.roszak

@A.Socha

@T.Konopka

tell us how things work and FIX THIS ISSUE AFTER MORE THEN 10 YEARS !!

Not only for me but there are people here who have customers.

How do they have to explain this ?????

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Lode

I use the geofencing to turn on/off devices that are not necessary and can be turned off while I'm away.

I do not have any issues in recent 3-4 months, because of the past I setup a notification for when I'm leaving the area I get a notification and when I enter the area I get a notification. 

In the location settings I have the Yubii also on Always but enabled 'Exact location' 

Using: iPhone 13 Pro, using iOS 16.1.2, Yubii App 1.17, HC3 on latest version of 5.130

2 minutes ago, pnutp0wer said:

I do not have any issues in recent 3-4 months, because of the past I setup a notification for when I'm leaving the area I get a notification and when I enter the area I get a notification. 

In the location settings I have the Yubii also on Always but enabled 'Exact location' 

Using: iPhone 13 Pro, using iOS 16.1.2, Yubii App 1.17, HC3 on latest version of 5.130

Did you have issues before you setup the notifications ?

Me Using : Iphone 14 pro, using iOS 16.2, Yubii App 1.17, HC3 on 5.130.64

Also enabled "Exact location" or did you mean disabled ?

It used to work on previous Iphone 7 plus.

Yes, but that was with HC2. 

I added the notifications in order to how often it would work and if it would drain my battery. 

Didn't have any issues with both, so I added all the actions that were needed to save energy :-D 

Hmmm.....i really don't understand why it's not working anymore.....

• Inquirer
  • I am having geofencing issue for years. Apparently it will not be solved, as this is not a priority to any developer i think.

At this moment, my Coming home scene triggers only when i am inside my home like 3-4 minutes. Never on geofencing cross.

Sometimes i can see some notification that "YUBII is using your location", and it happens right at the places where the geofencing actualy is defined, but the scene never triggers. Only when i am inside my house.