Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Energy Panel] Could someone explain it to me the values from the attached screenshot?

fuser99

Question

Hello,

Could someone explain me the values marked with red arrows  from the screenshot below? I don't understand those values and how are calculated.

Thank you in advance.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The thing that I don't understand is that why the consumption is 0.30kWh and the Current is 0.00kWh. What does that "Current" and "Previous" mean?

Edited by fuser99

13 answers to this question

The answer is behind the (?)

It is the sum of the current billing period, compared with the sum of the previous billing period. In the panel settings you can setup your billing period. 

• Inquirer
  • 11 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

The answer is behind the (?)

It is the sum of the current billing period, compared with the sum of the previous billing period. In the panel settings you can setup your billing period. 

It should be , but it is not or I'm missing something. "Current" is reported as 0.00 kWh, why is that?

• Inquirer
  • 18 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Did you actually setup a billing period?

I did, I double checked. It's been set for 2 years and "Current" never change. It's always "0.00 kWh". The billing is monthly, 1st each month.

• Inquirer
  • I've attached the screenshot, perhaps I'm missing something.

On 10/4/2022 at 1:34 PM, fuser99 said:

Hello,

Could someone explain me the values marked with red arrows  from the screenshot below? I don't understand those values and how are calculated.

Thank you in advance.

The thing that I don't understand is that why the consumption is 0.30kWh and the Current is 0.00kWh. What does that "Current" and "Previous" mean?

From the left - summary consumption from selected period (this hour as selected); consumption from current billing period, consumption from previous billing period.

Not sure why you have there 0 - see this for the first time.
    Contact support and we will investigate :)

PS
    Sorry for the late response, missed this topic.

@m.roszak

Haven’t thought about this earlier, think I have seen values in the “Current” and “Previous” in the past….

But now they are both 0 regardless if you choose Hour, Day, Week, Month or Year.

The only time they actually change is if you change from kWh to $, then the value of the “Fixed cost” from the Billing Period configuration is displayed, but no consumption cost are displayed.

Edited by JcBorgs

• Inquirer
  • Now after the month passed, it shows zero. There's definitely something wrong here.

Edited by fuser99

I was thinking maybe the fact that you have production 0 (do you have production at all) has something to do with this current/previous values?

I can see some numbers here, but explanation is so brief so I do not understand this...

What actually is compared? Balance?Usage?

Would be nice if someone from Fibaro would explain this one and for all.

At the moment I see:  Comparsion:  -4.62kWh,  Current:  -7.15kWh, Previous: -0.73kWh

Balance for today -23kWh

So I understand Production/Usage/Balance , I'm also lost with this upper right corner...

What my data means ?

Any explanation/help please?