Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]Help with Motion sensor wanted.

Toomaster

Question

Hi

I have a problem with my setup with two Fibaro motion sensors controlling one basement ceiling lamp.

The setup and scenario:

I use Telldus znet lite v2 as controller.

2 pcs of Fibaro motion sensors (one in the stairs down to the basement, one in the basement)

One basement ceiling lamp triggered by any of the motion sensors.

The lamp start from the trigger as wanted but....

The problem:

The motion sensor sends first ON command and then the OFF command (Motion detection - alarm cancellation delay, time is set to 240 sec ). This works fine.

The problem is that IF the sensor detects motion during the 240 sec the Motion detection - alarm cancellation countdown delay will restart.

Scenario:

I walk down the stairs and the stair sensor start the basement lamp.

While I´m in the basement I have also triggered the basement sensor (the lamp is already lit due to the stair sensor)

But then the stair sensor alarm cancellation 240 sec has gone and the stair sensor sends OFF command and the basement lamp turns off.

And since the  basement sensor has restarted its own alarm cancellation countdown (since Iv´e moved around and triggered it) it wont send an ON command when it detects me.

Not until its cancellation countdown is done.

• Is there any way to get the sensor to just send ON commands? (If so I could then set a timer to turn off the lamp)
  • Is there a way the get the sensor to send ON command every time it detects motion, even if the cancellation countdown is not done?

Grateful for ideas 

Regards

Toomas

8 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hi

I don´t have any Homecenter.

I use Telldus znet lite v2 but I can edit the configurations and so on, see picture. It´s in Swedish but all configs are possible via Telldus znet lite v2

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_10/image.png.0182b368b7dbd5aecd6d22a71ffdc97f.png" />

Ah, that is why you try to solve it in the configs. Otherwise I would have some Lua code to handle two motion sensors for one light. I use that code in my garage for years now, works perfect.

Is your device connected to light gives "auto off" functionality?
    Our switches does have it and there is possibility to "reset the timer" when new 'turn on' action is received. 
    You are mentioning this in your post so it should be possible.

I assume that you are using associations to control the light directly by motion sensors...

You can configure motions sensors to just turn on the lamp, it is in parameters.
    ZW500 version (v3.x) and old version has the same parameter:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_10/image.png.834dc5c4c2e623eb49d034276b80e025.png" />

Setting this to 1 and turning on "auto-off" on lamp will do the job just fine. 

• Inquirer
  • Hi

Thanks for reply.

Well yes I have tried the "12 parameter" and set it to "1" but that didn´t change any behavior and I thought it should.

But that can be my controller that is the problem. I did have another lamp issue the other day and that was solved my removing the "job" from the controller, power off controller for 10 min and then restart and add "job" = success ?

I´ll try if  that will do the job this time also.

• Inquirer
  • Don´t want to jinx it but It looks like it works now, Yay!?

The "remove device", unplug the controller for a while and "add device" seems to have made the trick.

Sweet, now I can sleep again ?

Thanks for all input and help.

Best regards

Toomas

• Like 2