Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 vs Conbee II for Zigbee

fdsjkl

Question

A little bit background:

Zigbee devices: 20+ Apara Zigbee blind and curtain motor(powered), 20+ Xiaomi/Aqara motion, door and temprature sensor.

Z-wave devices: 40+ Fibaro switch/dimmber, 10+ Fibaro/Aeotec motion sensor.

Tried DIY zigbee receiver+repeater and Homey pro a few years ago, both very unreliable recepption for Zigbee. Conbee II was the solid option I settled for. I've been using HC2 + Conbee II for 4 years on Home Assistant now without any issue.

My HC2 power supply died the other day, which made me think if I should migrate to HC3 now since HC2 is discountinued. Once migrated to HC3, I'd like to replace the Conbee II with HC3 so one less thing to break.

For anyone who has used both Conbee II and HC3 for Zigbee devices, how is your experience?

How's HC3's Zigbee range compared to Conbee II? 

Is there a limit on the amount of device under Zigbee?

How's the migration from HC2 to HC3? (Just devices, all my automations/scenes are handled by Home Assistant.)

Any issue with native Home Assistant intergration?

All feedbacks are appreciated.

1 answer to this question

Please keep in mind, Zigbee on the HC3 is still in beta phase. So not all Zigbee devices will work properly. Maybe first investigate if your devices will work, there is een post about status of Zigbee devices on the HC3.