Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 keeps going into auto repair after reboot

MattyO

Question

I am having an issue with my HC3 and it is basically useless at the moment. After a reboot on the weekend it went into recovery mode. I have a ticket in with Fibaro suppot, but bot had any communication from them for a couple of days. 
I thought I would post here hoping someone may be aboe to help.
I will post what I have sent to Fibaro hopefully someone can give me some usefull advice. 

Hello my system went don after a reboot and went into auto repair mode but never came back.

I spent a day trying restore's, factory resets etc. I have even downloaded firmware versions that I know I have backups for. 
After some fluke that I cannot repeat I got the system up and running again with an a backup. But it was missing some devices that I had not backed up since adding.
No problem I added the devices had everything working. I then did a backup right away. I then noticed I had lost connection only to find it is a auto repair loop again. 
Today I have tried factory reset with the latest software then restored my backup for that version. Sure enough cant get past starting system services then goes into recovery. 
I them tried to install a version of firmware that was working and restore its backup. But same problem.
I don't know where to go from here. Please help. I have a bricked system with backups that just wont work.

Thanks Matt 

• Device type: Home Center 3, 
  • Firmware version:5.130 and 5.112.27
  • Serial number: HC3-00019180
  •  
  • Credentials for Remote Access connection: [email protected] 
Sorted by
           Oldest first          
Oldest first
O

said about 11 hours ago

My system is up and running. I left it running all day and night and must have repaired itself. Problem now i am nervous to change anything or even try a back up let alone a reboot. Is there any system check you can run to make sure it is running correctly. It does have a warning saying error while dumping nice memory.
Thanks Matt
O

said about 4 hours ago

As suspected. Today I tried to add some zigbee globes that didn't re connect on restore and had to reset the zigbee network. as soon as the hc3 rebooted. it is back in a recovery loop.
O

10 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • 19 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

Share please a ticket number here :)

TICKET NUMBER 234012

I have since had a reply, to turn on remote access. But at the moment my system is in a auto repair loop again. I am hoping it comes good over night. So I can turn it on.

Have you tried entering recovery from the button and clicking "switch system"/"auto repair" option? It should restore previous version with one click.
    It may not be possible anymore if you did a factory reset. 

• Inquirer
  • 22 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

Have you tried entering recovery from the button and clicking "switch system"/"auto repair" option? It should restore previous version with one click.
    It may not be possible anymore if you did a factory reset. 

Yep I actually tried all that before resorting to a factory reset. What I can’t work out now is why it was all up and running again. Then I did a backup and it died again.  Then got it up and running again and tried to re add some Zigbee globes and had to reset the Zigbee network and sure enough when it rebooted. Died again. 

I am not sure if it is software related, I hope it will be up for enough time to enable access for support - we will figure it out. 

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Great news I just thought I would check one more time before I went to sleep. It is midnight here.

And it is back up and I have enabled remote support access. 
    it is odd that after about 5 6 hours it comes good. And restores. Fingers cross we can find some answers. Thanks again

• Inquirer
  • Hc3 has been working all day today. I have been too scared to add any devices or anything. I got home tonight to find that it was in recovery mode again. I had done nothing. This has got me worried. Could it be hardware maybe. 

As soon it will be running with remote access enabled - PM me with ticket number.
    I will push it to be checked until it works.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks. As it keeps going into recovery support have asked me to forward the ports on my router. So that has been done. Hopefully they have accuse now. I really appreciate your help. 

• Inquirer
  • It has been 2 weeks and I still have a system that I can't reboot without it going into recovery mode and then when it finally repares itself. For no reason it every now and then goes into recovery. The only feedback I get from support is they are investigating. I still don't know if they think it is a hardware issue or software. I have so many thing missing from my setup becasue it keeps going back to an old backup. 

The system is so crippled at the moment. I would love some feedback. 

Thanks Matt O