Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart implant input does not change state during power supply cut off!

Prokopis Bor

Question

Hello! I have been facing the following problem for a long time. I have some smart Implant modules that I have set their inputs to NO. If for some reason their power supply is cut off and restored, and during this time any input happens to change state, then the Fibaro Gateway (I'm using HC# and HC3L) does not realize this change and therefore keeps the old input state. For example I have an "OFF" state, the module power supply is cut, the sensor state connected on smart implant input change to "ON" and when the power supply is restored, Fibaro Gateway doesn't realize the state change to "ON" and still shows "OFF". In other words, the input should be turned "OFF" and "ON" again, for Fibaro Gateway to understand the change. The same happens, even if the Gatewaty is rebooted. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Edited by Prokopis Bor
typo

2 answers to this question

Two suggestions:

1. What happens if you poll the state of the input, does it then show the correct value? If so, you could write some LUA to regularly poll the input and respond appropriately 

2. If this is a critical function, install a UPS to prevent powering down. This could just be as simple as a lead acid battery and charger.

• Inquirer
  • 13 hours ago, Tim__ said:

Two suggestions:

1. What happens if you poll the state of the input, does it then show the correct value? If so, you could write some LUA to regularly poll the input and respond appropriately 

2. If this is a critical function, install a UPS to prevent powering down. This could just be as simple as a lead acid battery and charger.

Thank you for your answer. Nothing change if I poll the specific input. I have already installed UPS because it is critical but I want to be sure that I have the right state 24/7.