Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Zamel ROP-01 control with Fibaro Double/Single Switch

inspirit

Dear,

Could you please advise if it is possible to control ZAMEL ROP-01 switch with Figaro Double / Single Switch?

Currently one of the light at my home is controlled by ZAMEL ROP-01 switch operated by a remote button. I am wondering if it is possible to connect ZAMEL switch to Fibaro switch. I would like to have a possibility to control the light via the remote button connected to the ZAMEL switch plus add the Fibaro functionalities ex. remote on/off, scenes etc.

Attached I am sending ZAMEL wiring diagram + Fibaro wiring digram. Could you please advise how it should be connected together?

Thanks in advance.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

You can connect it parallely to Zamel device. But that's not exactly what you're looking for. Main issue is that Fibaro device cannot work as a 2-way switch.

@inspirit

Hi,
it makes a nice Cat-Dog.
If you insist on this connection, your solution is:
ROP:14 - FGS:S1
keep the rest of the wire in the ROP.

FGS:Q1 - light (what was in ROP:14)
FGS:L - phase
FGS:N - null

If you can switch the operation of the ROP to a momentary switch, then Fibaro's own interaction with the scenes will be fine. Otherwise, you will have to always check the status of the ROP and decide to use it.

eM.

• Topic Author
  • On 11/19/2022 at 9:08 AM, Martin_N said:

@inspirit

Hi,
    it makes a nice Cat-Dog.
    If you insist on this connection, your solution is:
    ROP:14 - FGS:S1
    keep the rest of the wire in the ROP.

FGS:Q1 - light (what was in ROP:14)
    FGS:L - phase
    FGS:N - null

If you can switch the operation of the ROP to a momentary switch, then Fibaro's own interaction with the scenes will be fine. Otherwise, you will have to always check the status of the ROP and decide to use it.

eM.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your message. I have connected the ROP and FGS switches as you mentioned but it doesn't work. I still can turn the light on and off using the ROP switch but FGS doesn't work. I can hear that it is operating but nothing is happening.

@inspirit

It works, but it doesn't work... well, great description.
    I assume that "It works" = you can hear the relays switching. "It doesn't work" = it doesn't do what you want.
    If you have it connected as described, it works in such a way that the ROP closes the fuse, which controls the input of the FGS, and it only controls the output (light). At this point you can control the light from the HC3 as well.
    I assume that you have FGS correctly connected and configured in HC3.

Or have I correctly understood the control direction and the ROP should be controlled by Fibar?

Draw how you have it wired now.

• Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, Martin_N said:

@inspirit

It works, but it doesn't work... well, great description.
    I assume that "It works" = you can hear the relays switching. "It doesn't work" = it doesn't do what you want.
    If you have it connected as described, it works in such a way that the ROP closes the fuse, which controls the input of the FGS, and it only controls the output (light). At this point you can control the light from the HC3 as well.
    I assume that you have FGS correctly connected and configured in HC3.

Or have I correctly understood the control direction and the ROP should be controlled by Fibar?

Draw how you have it wired now.

Hello Martin,

I am sending attached the wiring diagram I did. This is how it works now: I am able to turn the lamp on and off by using ROP, works perfectly. Unfortunately the FGS doesn't function. I hear the switch, however the light is not responding to it at all.

What I would like to achieve is to have a possibility to control the lamp by ether the ROP or FGS simultaneously. I mean for example:

1. Lamp is off: I can turn it on by ROP or FGS or by a scene.

2. Lamp is on: I can turn it off by ROP or FGS or by a scene.

@inspirit

I don't know why it doesn't work. You have it right.
    I asked if the oil can function as a moment of spin (closes and after a short time it will open itself). This is important for ROP/FGS.
    If the ROP remains permanently closed, you have to set the FGS parameter 20 to 1 - toggle switch.

Try and give a message.
    eM.

• Topic Author
  • @Martin_N

Thank you for your help. I reconnected it again yesterday and I did the parameter 20 reconfiguration, after that it started to work perfectly :)

Thanks a lot.

• Topic Author
  • @Martin_N, I am wondering if in the same way Dimmer could work with ROP. What do you think?

Edited by inspirit

@inspirit

No, no, nooooo... you're wrong.
    Dimmer2 Sx must not be connected to the neutral wire N.
    Look again at the diagram in the manual..
    Otherwise, the principle with ROP will be the same. This means that it will simulate a wall switch for you.
    The Dimmer is somewhat meaningless if you control it via the Toggle switch (ROP). It is important when controlling through an application, through a scene, through associations of other devices.

• 2 months later...
    On 11/22/2022 at 3:47 PM, inspirit said:

Hello Martin,

I am sending attached the wiring diagram I did. This is how it works now: I am able to turn the lamp on and off by using ROP, works perfectly. Unfortunately the FGS doesn't function. I hear the switch, however the light is not responding to it at all.

What I would like to achieve is to have a possibility to control the lamp by ether the ROP or FGS simultaneously. I mean for example:

1. Lamp is off: I can turn it on by ROP or FGS or by a scene.

2. Lamp is on: I can turn it off by ROP or FGS or by a scene.

Hi, follow this diagram if I use Rnk-02 wireless switch button to control. It can switch the status of FGS-223 to power on off or not.

Thank a lot