Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Bought a new phone just to be sure, that Geofencing is bugged in Fibaro

Neo Andersson

Question

As after like 2 years of strggle, and with severeal mail exchange with some really helpful guys in teh forum,i was kinda forced, to buy a new phone, to check, if the GPS tracking will work on that.

SO i have bough a new pohne, disbled every restricion, soo everything is allowed to YUBII.

STILL NOTHING.

I am wondering, is there any person on this earth, that can help me out of this wormhole.

Geofencing never triggers.

What i noticed that ifi check the location of admin by a LUA code, i am getting always a address from Poznan, and if i try to check locationof some other user, i am getting 0,0.

I dont know if this is some related problem, but maybe.

Anyone,,anything about this?

PLEASE

9 answers to this question

Uh, it is a copy of an answer more early, IFTTT solves your problems. But if you want to stay with the Fibaro solution, I don't have an answer. I wouldn't buy a new phone just to get the Fibaro solution working. 

IFTTT can be slow. I don't like the platform. But that is personal preference.

@Neo Anderssondo you have an Android phone? Then you can make a simple binary switch QA (on/off) and integrate your HC3 with Google Home. With the Google Home routines set up geofencing and toggle this switch. In the HC3 switch profiles with the QA. This doesn't eat battery, because the gps/geofencing is integrated in the OS. I don't know if this works with an iPhone but then use can use HomeBridge for this, which needs a computer/rpi to run (I have this setup and is rock solid).

Please login or register to see this code.

My geofencing with Iphone works flawlessly!

Just QA I use the user is enter or leave

Edited by Sjakie
add debug

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Uh, it is a copy of an answer more early, IFTTT solves your problems. But if you want to stay with the Fibaro solution, I don't have an answer. I wouldn't buy a new phone just to get the Fibaro solution working. 

I have bought Google Pixel 7 . and the phone is awesome..Its not only about me..i am installing Fibaro systems, so i need to know what can we offer, and what not. A lot of people wants to do some actions on GPS location, so i am constantly searching for some answers and solutions.

Just now, Neo Andersson said:

I have bought Google Pixel 7 . and the phone is awesome..Its not only about me..i am installing Fibaro systems, so i need to know what can we offer, and what not. A lot of people wants to do some actions on GPS location, so i am constantly searching for some answers and solutions.

And btw. IFTT is slow..It runs the applet only when I arrive at home, not on Geofencing cross

28 minutes ago, Sjakie said:

Lucky you. My IPHONE users customers have still problems. For them it sometimes works sometimes not.

IFTTT runs instantly on my iPhone. Never misses a beat. Maybe I am lucky too. 

I don’t think you will find a suitable solution for your clients, you cannot sell luck. 

26 minutes ago, Neo Andersson said:

It runs the applet only when I arrive at home, not on Geofencing cross

Oh, btw, both ways, incomming and outgoing

Please login or register to see this attachment.

On 11/22/2022 at 6:11 PM, Sjakie said:

Is it possible to share the QA please ?

• Inquirer
  • 6 hours ago, Lode said:

Is it possible to share the QA please ?

It doesnt matter if you use QA or a Scene to cacth your geolocations..

For some reason, for me, and form my customers too it never worked reliably...

Now the only way to get some actions on location change is to use Google Home routines...they seem to work so far..

My QA also contain occupation of my apartment but this is what drives my GEO

Remark I use eventrunner

219= Home location set in general/location (150m)

20= my ID

leave=away

enter=home