Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

iRobot/Roomba and Fibaro

isyskmo

Question

Hi all,

My first post here - sorry if I post in a wrong forum. Please advise if so! :)

I have been using HC2 for a number of years - and recently migrated to HC3.

I have some 40+ devices hooked up to my Fibaro HC3 - and I was wondering if there is some nice way to control my Roomba from HC... 

A few years ago I made a quick integration to my door lock/security system - so when the alarm is disarmed an alarm switch turns off and that turns off a Fibaro switch (and on if armed). The alarm isn't controlled by Fibaro otherwise... 

This works great - and in this way I can turn off lights, adjust temperature etc. just by arming the house (and vice versa).

But I'd like my Roomba to start vacuuming when I arm the house (rather than these annoying schedules that seem to run everytime I'm home... :S) ... and I've been struggling a bit with how to do the integration between Roomba and HC3.

Today I finally got it to work by using IFTTT (by creating an applet that monitors my Fibaro switch - through the Fibaro Cloud - and turns on/off my Roomba through the iRobot cloud...)...

It works - but I was wondering if there is a "smarter way"? I mean... creating an applet is really simple, but going into a 3rd party cloud service to integrate with two devices that are on my local network seem... weirdly complex...

Have anyone found a neater way to integrate Roomba and Fibaro (HC3)? :)

10 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Apparently it is for sale:

Yeah, okay... I should have phrased it as "has anyone found a neater (but still free) way to integrate Roomba and Fibaro"? :)

BTW. I have no idea why I have two accounts :D 

/Kristian

• Inquirer
  • On 11/29/2022 at 8:01 PM, SmartHomeEddy said:

You are Dutch?

... only 1/4 ;)

On 11/29/2022 at 7:37 PM, ChristianSogaard said:

Oh - thanks... I think I skipped that one since it was strictly polish... But I'll give it a go with Google Translate :)

• Inquirer
  • On 11/29/2022 at 7:37 PM, ChristianSogaard said:

Actually - I think the download has been removed from that post... So I can't use it :S
    So far it seems like IFTTT is by far the easiest solution... I've read several post about people setting raspberry pie's and all sorts of stuff to be able to control it... At least IFTTT works from Fibaro Cloud directly to iRobot cloud... 

Be aware that the iRobot will be detected by PIR sensors when the alarm is on.

Mine did... ;-)

Edited by rvelthoen

Any news on this item?
    I now have a door switch installed on my Roomba 7+.
    As soon as it leaves the base station, I can control everything with a scene (turn on lights, turn off alarms, etc.),
    But I am looking for real integration so that, for example, the Roomba starts when we're not home for a while...

Hi, this is my solution, its in alpha version so not everything is implemented,

How to get BLID ?

Please login or register to see this link.

or

Please login or register to see this code.

regards

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by marczu_83
    • Like 2

@marczu_83 This worked great for me and my j7. Thank you.

Did you try to clean the room with arguments, like just clean the hallway instead of everything?

Regards.

Edited by Mr.Coffee