Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Limiting the Fibaro devices for Google Assistant

isyskmo

Question

Hi there!

I have an HC3 with a bunch of devices - and I'd like to let my Google Assistant be able to control some (but not all) of them.

(I learned that "Hey Google - turn off" made the Google Assistant turn off everything it could... which is not really great... considering I have both kids and friends that think that stuff is fun and some 40+ devices... )

So - I created a new user to my HC3 and limited the access to only the devices I'd like Google Assistant to access - and added a new user to the Fibaro cloud - and (after a bit of fiddling) I managed to add the user to the HC3 in the cloud, by using the admin account...
So... now I can login to the Fibaro cloud with the new user and from the access my HC3 and only see the devices that user got access to. So far so good.

However, when connecting my Google Assistant to the Fibaro Smart Home integration, it first reports "Fibaro Smart Home linked" but after a while it says "Something went wrong. Try again"...

Byt trying again doesn't change this... 

I also tried to raise this as a ticket to Fibaro, but haven't got a reply yet... So was wondering if any of you have experienced the same - and maybe if any of you have a solution for how I can connect my Google Assistant to my HC3 through this new user - alternatively some other way I can limit/control the devices Google Assistant has access to?

Thanks in advance!

Kristian

3 answers to this question

In Google Home you can delete one device but i dont know if device come back when sync devices. This is of course backwards frim the way you want, to control what fibaro gives to google.

Hello,

I tested the same thing as you by creating a second Fibaro ID to limit the interactions with my modules and I have the same problem.
Did you get a response from Fibaro to your ticket?

Ppel

Hello,

I tested the same thing as you by creating a second Fibaro ID to limit the interactions with my modules and I have the same problem.
Did you get a response from Fibaro to your ticket?

Ppel