Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Energy meter

FibaPix

Question

Hi,

in the consumption graph I have a column called "rest", what is it? I'm in room view and I don't have any rooms named like that.

Regards,

Dario

5 answers to this question

If you got main energy meter set it measures whole consumption of the home.
In rooms you got some actors with energy metering, probably not every energy consuming devices reports it.

So, "rest" is difference between sum of all single devices in home and main energy meter - the value of energy consumed by devices without build-in measurement. 

Yes, I wrote an article about the Energy panel a while back. It may give some more insight:

Please login or register to see this link.

I noticed the signature settings frequently are turned off and no one can see the signatures. You can turn in on in the account settings like this: 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Well it is not exactly like that :)

So I've had (until yesterday) HC3L with energy panel configured.

I have Qubino 3 phase meter, and Fronius inverter integration - so I take production data from Fronius, and consumption from Qubino meter.

Till now, I have lot of devices switches with power meter build in, but all of them together have maybe 10% consumption of a whole house (these are mainly led lights), while heat pump, floor heating, kitchen appliances are not reporting to Fibaro yet.

The setup I had on HC3L was reliable - confirmed consumption, production, balance data, and sometimes I saw 'reat/pozostałe) in panel, but it was usually 2-3 kWh daily, while my whole daily consumption is usually about 20-25 kWh. So for sure it was not difference between whole consumption and sum of consumption from devices that reports power. It was something else..

Interesting is that I just moved to HC3. I moved my whole configuration for power 1 to 1 from HC3L to HC3.

Production/Consumption numbers are ok.

But listen to this... Whole daily consumption today morning  (7am) - 2.9 kWh - confirmed on meter - number is ok..  Rest - 3.2 kWh, sum of my switches, leds and so on 1,1 kWh...  Rest plus all power reporting devices = 4.3 kWh, while total = 3.2 kWh. So ?? How this is even possible ??