Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Eurotronic Spirit thermostat. What is wrong.

svaleb

Question

I have had an Eurotronic Spirit working for some time and used to turn on heat on my phone app before I went home.

Afew days ago I mowed it to another radiator (ekscluded and included) and suddenly it stopped showing temperature correct.

It shows the temperature when included but does not show changes after that.

But worst, I can not change temperatur in my phone app (android).

This is a Spirit v. 0.15.

During summer I bought some more spirit thermostats and I tried one of those, they are v. 0,16.

It has a template, huray, but I still cant control it from the phone.

I searched the forum but did not find anything useful to solve the problems.

I can see others have similar problems.

WHAT will FIBRO recommend.

There has been problems with these devices for some time but what is going on to solve it ?

Shoult it be included in secure, s0, s2 where is the templates and why does it not work in the phone (I know you dont need the templates, you can just make them your self...but it is a mess)

Dear Fibaro let us have some information.

7 answers to this question

@svalebHi I have also Eurotronic Spirit Zwave thermostats. Some with Firmware 0.15 and some with 0.16. The v0.16 have a template to set the paramters, the v0.15 don't, as you mentioned. But in both cases I can control them with Samsung android smartphones.

Did you check if the eurotronic on the new radiator, has a good zwave connection to the hc3?

Edited by Fabir

• Inquirer
  • @Fabir

Yes, connection is ok.

After some days a plugin for the Spirit v.0.16 turned up on my phone (also Samsung).

The Spirit v.0.15 does not get this plugin and temperatur is not updated after the time of integration.

@svalebHi, two days ago I've asked the Eurotronic compagny about the possibility to update v0.15 to v0.16 or higher. I did not get an answer yet.

• Inquirer
  • @Fabir

I hope you will get an answer.

I am afraid they would rater sell there own (FGT), but I will prefer digits/ciffers in stead of colours. Easer to manage.

afaik there is no update from 0.15 to 0.16, i had that discussion with Eurotronic already some time ago (at least not without sending it to them, which costs more money than a new one)

I don't own anymore any 0.15 versions, however they should normally work (temp control over zone, not over thermostat) if you setup climate zones on you HC3 and added these thermostats into these zones. 

• Inquirer
  • @tinman Thanks 

My 0.15 does not report temperatur, and I am unable to set the temp. by phone.

The temp. is stuck in the inclusion moment. (different for each inclusion). If it does not "feel" the temp. , Then I cannot trust it.

To bad if they cannot be updated.