Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Unable to add Double Switch 2 (FGS-223) to Home Center 3

Bart-Jan

Question

I have a Double Switch 2 (FGS-223) and try to add the device to my Home Center 3. When select "Add Device" - "Zwave" - "Start"  and push the B button 3 times to set it in learning mode (did it slow, fast and all possible options" it wil not find the device (not 1 minute not in 30 minutes). Did try another FSG-223, same issue (countdown goes to 0 and keeps circling around). Stang thing is dat I'm able to remove de device in the same way "Remove Device" - "Zwave" - "Start" does work actual. But afther try-ing to add it again, some issue, no device found. Device doesn't show up in de device list either. Followed all the instructions from the instruction manuals, several times (100 times) nothing is working. 

11 answers to this question

@Bart-JanHi and welcome to the community

Did you restart the hc3?

Did you install the latest firmware on the hc3?

Which Zwave engine did you choose for hc3? I recomend only ZW2, not ZW3

Can other than FGS223 Zwave devices be includet?

• Inquirer
  • Did you restart the hc3? --> Several times

Did you install the latest firmware on the hc3? --> Yes latest version is installed (yesterday)

Which Zwave engine did you choose for hc3? I recomend only ZW2, not ZW3 --> We are running on ZW2

Can other than FGS223 Zwave devices be includet? --> I have tried 2 devices, same issue

• Inquirer
  • @SmartHomeEddy I think so, bought them in the Netherlands at Robbshop, how can I check this?

Edited by Bart-Jan

If its is from Robbshop, one would expect is to be EU. On the back of the device, you should see EU (and zwave plus, Robbshop also sells Homekit versions). 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_12/image.png.19e16a2c6f16dcb8c92629de4a9df941.png" />

How far away from the Home Centre are the devices?  If you bring them to within a few meters and try again, are they then detected?  Also trying ticking the box "network wide inclusion".  It is frustratingly usual to have to try inclusion several times or more to get devices to register. Try triple clicking, wait a few seconds, and try again; keep trying for the full 30s.

• Inquirer
  • @SmartHomeEddy It is indeed an EU model, as your picture shows.

@Tim__ I moved them from garage to a few feet from Home Center, same problem. Also tried with network-wide recording and without, both no result. Have now tried over 100 times with intervals of 10, 30, 60 seconds, no result either.

• Inquirer
  • @Manuel Blanco They where connected to a Domoticz configuration. Switched to Fibaro HC 3 this year to get rid of these kind of issues, no luck so far. I have removed the devices from Domoticz and resetted them by holding the B button unril the led is colored orange and then immediately released. Same issue can't add the device to the HC 3, looks like a bug in HC 3, because afther I have tried to add them, I'm able to remove a device. But the when adding the device no device is added, nor is a new device visable in they devcie list.  I'm thinking to switch back to Domoticz, so far the HC 3 is less promosing then the openSource Domoticz setup. I'm getting desperate, logged a support call for Fibaro yesterday, no reaction so far. 

Did you try to remove the device with HC3 first? It seems to work every time for me when there is an issue of this kind. First remove and then add it. 

Follow this precisely: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Response from Fibaro is usually a few days from my experience.

Edited by Whswede