Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heltuns just stop working after power outage, or simple HC3 restart

Neo Andersson

Question

Good afternoon everyone

We are having a lot of problems with Heltun switches in Fibaro.

It is a disaster right now. After every power outage or HC3 restart, every single Heltun walli switch stop working at all.

Neither by associations nor by single block scenes.

Actions are not performed when i touch the button physically on Heltun, or even when i press the Heltun button in PC interface..

I can hear that the relay clicks, but the actions are not performed.

It is crazy...

Please can anyone help with this?

I have used Fibaroextra to check event logs when i press the button, and there is nothing,,seems to me that centralsceneevent doesnt fire, nothing is in the logs on button press..

Later when i completely power off the Heltuns separately (not HC3 but only Heltuns), than it comes back to work...

We cant leave it like this, becuase Fibaro has that other bug, with "Unexpected error happpened", so it reboots HC3 many times, and thus customer will loose Heltun functionality every time..

Anyone please help..

8 answers to this question

@Neo Andersson

Neo,.. I know you've been fighting these Heltun for a long time.
I don't know what types you have, but I wonder if there is a problem with the compatibility of Zwave 700 with Heltun and Zeave 500 with HC3. Some kind of negotiation process must probably take place during initialization to ensure backward compatibility communication. I would be quite interested in the reaction of the support.
Then it's an indication for me, be careful not to buy ZW700 devices.

Hi eM.

• Inquirer
  • 17 hours ago, Martin_N said:

@Neo Andersson

Neo,.. I know you've been fighting these Heltun for a long time.
    I don't know what types you have, but I wonder if there is a problem with the compatibility of Zwave 700 with Heltun and Zeave 500 with HC3. Some kind of negotiation process must probably take place during initialization to ensure backward compatibility communication. I would be quite interested in the reaction of the support.
    Then it's an indication for me, be careful not to buy ZW700 devices.

Hi eM.

Heltun answered me many times...they said, they tested it up an down, and couldn't reproduce the error...so i am in the middle of noone's land. And i was like, if its happening only at my house, okay, i can guess that some issue is with my only system, or with the series of Heltuns at my house, but it happens in all of installations...We stopped using Heltuns anymore, but i have to deal with existing installations somehow..I can't go back everywhere and replace Heltuns, or refund them..it is not possible...

We are investigating this issue once again. To this date we couldn't reproduce it but we are in direct contact with Neo Andersson and provide any assistance we can.

The advice not to buy 700-series makes no sense. Soon 800-series popular will be rather popular on the market. If 500 and 700 products couldn't work together no serious installation wouldn't be possible.

For now we only understand this particular issue is with a specific FW version of HC3 as there were never such complaints from people who use Heltun products.

Any tips of how to reproduce the issue would be helpful!

• Like 2

• Inquirer
  • I cante reproduce the issue..unfortunatelly lastly when it happened, i just checked Znoffer logs, but we didn save in data..next time if it happens i download Fibaro logs and Zniffer data also..(if it happens in my house)..if it happens in customers house, than it is more problematic.

I have exactly the same issue. I have to power down the Heltun switches whilst the HC3 is still powered. It happens a lot. I don't know what triggers it. I can't always reproduce it either.

Hello everyone,

I have the same issue with my new Heltun HE-TPS05 (Hardware v.28 & Firmware v.2.4)

I can control the device from Fibaro HC3 (5.131.57), but when I touch anyone "switch" directly on the device, the light circuit turns on/off, but there is no information in Fibaro that a change has occurred.

A few times I managed to get it to work for short time, but after a while it stops working. Subsequently, I have to reconfigure the device.

I followed the Hultun documentation as follows:
    in the "Association" setting, I set group 1 for "endpoint 0" and set "controller (multichannel)" as the target device, but this doesn't help either.
    I also tried to remove all associations, but it still doesn't work.

I noticed that it works for a certain time when fibaro automatically asks for the status every 5 seconds. As soon as I select the global query queue option, it stops working.

Yesterday I wrote on Heltun support. I hope they give some advice.

Marek

I had the same issue, suddenly one of my 5 HT 5switches stopped reporting, I had to exclude and factory reset the HT switch, include and set assotiations, now working lile a charm for couple of months...

• Inquirer
  • Anyone any news about this?

We have still the same behaviour.

Situation can be solved by powerOff powerOn the Heltunf, but this is not the way it should be, and it is working for a certain time then it stops again.