Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

ChatGPT and Fibaro

SmartHomeEddy

19 minutes ago, Joep said:

Maybe a blog header post in the future to attract visitors. It just catches your attention. Just a question, when you create these images with AI you get other images than standard so it’s click bait 

You can use it for sure, i can make you better and upscaled one's. Ofcourse! I like your blog's.

But i dont quite understand what you are asking there. If i understand right,   i dont select image's, i alter them with new prompts.

Like the one before, started with this. And then i adjust the results with new prompts.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_01/image.png.4578a01ef12ed11448e6b837185faa65.png" />

Edited by ppeterr
  • Like 1

Thank you. Love this. I have to photoshop in a Sonos speaker and I have a header image for my next Sonos blog. It’s not Fibaro but the shapes and colors reminds me of the motion sensor. That’s cool. 

• Like 1

Just for fun, i created a Fibaro motion sensor, with a Sonos speaker integrated :P

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by ppeterr
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The genie is out of the bottle.

I expect this tech to be widely used by SPAM bots. But also by "clever" humans though I fail to see the point in trying to help a user on a forum with an answer that is wrong. Anyway...

Firm statement by the Home Assistant moderators:

Please login or register to see this link.

I quote: 

Today we’re introducing a new rule for the Home Assistant community: it’s no longer allowed to use ChatGPT or other AI systems to help others.

Although these systems generate elaborate and well structured answers, they are wrong. Often they are wrong in subtle ways which only someone with the right expertise could detect. And those people wouldn’t need AI to have written that answer.

(...)

Using an AI system to generate an answer while not providing attribution to AI will result in a ban.

(...)

If AI systems get better, we will revisit this rule.

So people asked "is it really that bad" and the answer is: yes! I quote:

The documentation it does have is a year and a half old, but it’s “intelligently extrapolating” from that to create random non-existent services, functions, etc.: resulting in gibberish.

And, I quote:

Yup, this morning I had somebody who had been given the following automation by ChatGPT:

Now, at first glance that was clearly - to me - ChatGPT generated gibberish. They didn’t know that though, and had spent hours trying to make it work.

Fibaro users won't understand what is wrong with the generated code so I'll come up with roughly the Lua equivalent of what is posted there: it is as if ChatGPT has figured out that many code pieces have "fibaro. something" in them. Like fibaro.getValue and fibaro.getGlobalVariable. It then assumes, wrongly that these constructs also exist: fibaro.ping and fibaro.print (because, based on language, it makes sense).

Of course, this new rule causes outrage and disbelieve but one of the moderators gives us some facts:

So, how should we handle people who use ChatGPT responses as their own when answering questions? Not including Facebook / Mastodon / Discord / Reddit, we’ve had a half dozen or so users in the last week passing ChatGPT responses as answers in multiple topics/posts. I’ve personally deleted about 30 responses, I can’t speak for other mods. Do you think we should let that continue?

My time on this planet is valuable. I cannot spend more time on this subject. If people think, ChatGPT can replace humans on a forum like this, by all means. Go ahead. Saves me a lot of time.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • A long time ago I was ecstatic to hear some speech coming out of my PC's speaker. Maybe ChatGPT is one of those, maybe not.

• Like 2

You made me google some memories :)

About 28 years ago.

Edited by ppeterr
    • Like 3

4 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

A long time ago I was ecstatic to hear some speech coming out of my PC's speaker.

Let's bring back fond memories then! Ever heard of SAM voice aka "Software Automatic Mouth"?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, petergebruers said:

Let's bring back fond memories then! Ever heard of SAM voice aka "Software Automatic Mouth"?

Ow well, when i was about 13 years old maybe a little older. I had a C64.

I remember a game......somthing with an elevator, and the FIRST ever speaking voice i heard from a computer :)

It sounded just like this one......ow ow ow now i cant sleep, till i know what game that was.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

About 5 minutes ago, I deleted the first ChatGPT generated SPAM om this Fibaro Forum

This is the original topic from 2018, so, to begin with, this user with only one post was "necroposting"... 

And, no, that product link at the end of the spam message is not very relevant to the original question, it is not a Z-Wave solution. I had to use google translate...

I cannot "win" from this machine because each time I see this type of post,  and go to the long process of verifying the contents,  this takes away valuable time from my life and my life is short.

Edited by petergebruers
    • Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 4 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

generated SPAM om this Fibaro Forum

I marked it as suspicious. Strange posting indeed. How do you recognise it is from ChatGPT?

There is another one overhere, also a strange posting:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

recognise it is from ChatGPT?

It is only stating the obvious about everything that was said before in that topic. It adds no value at all.

For example, it says "using an Arduino could be fun" . That is only stating a vague, rather irrelevant fact.

8 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

here is another one overhere, also a strange posting:

Yeah looks very suspicious. Does not seem to contain a link but many forums now do not allow NEW users to post links in their first 1 or 2 posts. So the BQT's tactic here might simply be to pass this first stage of protection, then post real spam.

If it is not a ChatGPT generated text, then it might be random marketing-blah, I cannot always tell the difference, I am only human. ;D

• Topic Author
  •  

4 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

It adds no value at all.

Indeed, both postings definitely do not add any value 

I heard there is a ChatGPT content detector in the making 

Change is coming: GitHub is integrating the AI in their development stack: 

. In a year or 2 basic programming is for everyone. The question is, how can you keep the quality and security on par.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • The spam on this Fibaro Forum has also come to the attention of Minister Hauwkstra of de Nederlands:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

The spam on this Fibaro Forum has also come to the attention of Minister Hauwkstra of de Nederlands:

Well stupid bot doesnt know who Wopke is :P

43 minutes ago, ppeterr said:

Well stupid bot doesnt know who Wopke is :P

Edited by Bodyart
    • Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Here is a part of the business model, haven’t seen that before, but maybe I missed it: