Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Push button Icon and garage blinds status

Jonasz

Question

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here. I have successfully installed a smart implant to control by garage door. It acts as a push button.

My problems:

1 - I would like to have the HC3 web interface (or yubi) to display a push (momentary) switch icon instead of a on/off switch icon, is it possible?

2 - I only have a small number of available icons in HC3, for exemple I can select for my smart implant a bulb icon or a siren icon, but not a garage door icon. Is there a way to solve this?

3 - Last but not least, I would like to get information about when the garage door is open and when it is closed, without using any existing hardware. I imagine that it could be possible to have some kind of seen or quick app that would do the following:

- set up a variable somewhere called "status"

-  when switch is activated the first time  set status to 1, when it is activated the second time it sets the status to 0, and so on...

is there an easy way to do this and get some kind of icon displaying the status of the garage door?

Thank you in advance

Please login or register to see this attachment.

1 answer to this question

Hi Jonasz,

I also use 'Smart Implant' to control my garage door, but I use a slightly different way to know its status and it seems to be a much better way than your suggestion... especially when using the 'Smart Implant' because it has two potential-free inputs (see picture no. 1), which gives us the possibility of connecting one 'monostable button' and one simple and cheap 'magnetic door sensor' (see picture no. 2). Thanks to this solution, we get an additional alarm sensor in the system (see picture no. 3), and each unauthorized opening of the garage door triggers the alarm, although it would have to be opened manually anyway, because when the alarm is armed, the wall switch has local protection enabled, but if necessary, I can still open my garage door in the 'Home Center' app or using the original remote that came with my garage door. Such a solution in my case does not require an additional power source for my 'Smart Implant' because I take it directly from the appropriate terminals in the garage door controller housing.

P.S. If you need some custom icons check out this page 🔗

Please login or register to see this link.

. I think it has all kind of icons for every occasion and in different styles... I use them myself (see picture no. 3).

Picture no. 1 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_01/image.png.4b9b022d377e51229afc2a84b4e5ac52.png" />

Picture no. 2

image.jpeg.b491123f098c49a4189f45d42ea0f8e4.jpeg

Picture no. 3

image.png.9671dbe1e083e123b35e739d8cacb088.png

Edited by MrMcRush
  • Like 1