Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro wall plugs, how to avoid double power figures

Rob66

Question

When I use a fibaro plug what measure the power and I put the plug in a power strip, with a few other plugs, and I am also putting the powerstrip power plug in a fibaro wall plug to measure the total power of the power strip, is it possible the fibaro home center 3 lite system measure doubles power measurements? How to set up the fibaro wall plugs in the system so I don't get double figures.

Example:

Fibaro Plug one measures 100W in powerstrip

Fibaro Plug two measures 150W in powerstrp

Fibaro Plug three mesarues 200W in powerstrip

So Totally 450W

When I use a fourth Fibaro Wall Plug contact with power plug  In the powerstrip, that fourth fibaro wall plug will measure the 450W, but what will the fibaro home center measure totally, I guess 900W.

But that's not right ofcourse.  How can I avoid these kind of doubles measurements.

3 answers to this question

Hi Rob,

you could disable the "Use instantaneous power in Energy Panel calculations" setting in the advanced settings of that device. 

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • HI Eddy,

Thanks for your answer, that's what I am looking for, and gives me new options to use the fibaro wall plugs,

👍

If you "tune" these settings well, the Watt value in the Yubii app will be ok. That also counts for the energy panel and kWh values with the "Use stored energy data in Energy Panel" settings for your energy meter devices. 

• Like 1