Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Zigbee connected Philips Hue lamps not manageable any longer from HC3/Yubii UX?

Per

Question

I have 16 Philip Hue lamps in my house being managed from HC3. Last month I changed the connection from using a hue bridge to using the new direct integration with HC3 using Zigbee protocol.

I now experience that status of the lamps (on/off intensity and color) is NOT correctly displayed any longer in Yubii and/or HC3 Website. A lamp that I can see physically is turned ON appears in the UX as turned OFF. And if I try to turn it ON it says "Unit XXXX turned ON" but nothing happens in real life. And if I refresh the page the lamp still displays status OFF!!

To make things really weird, I can still turn the lamps on/off them from my block scenes.

I have rebootet my HC3 and also tried to disable all firewall settings just to be sure. 

Anyone got a clue on how to troubleshoot this?

I can st

2 answers to this question

I encountered similar "weird" behavior with statuses as well. I still have some led strips and bulbs connected through a Hue bridge and had migrated some switches/bulbs to the HC3 directly using Zigbee.

After removing the Hue integration and running a clean-up routine from the Hue app (under bridge settings), things are seemingly better for now. This does, however, change IDs.

7 hours ago, Per said:

I now experience that status of the lamps (on/off intensity and color) is NOT correctly displayed any longer in Yubii and/or HC3 Website. A lamp that I can see physically is turned ON appears in the UX as turned OFF. And if I try to turn it ON it says "Unit XXXX turned ON" but nothing happens in real life. And if I refresh the page the lamp still displays status OFF!!

noted this as well on hue and other zigbee lamps, which worked with no issue for months with other fw version. What definitely helps is to set dim to 1 or 0 before you turn off and to 98 or 99 before you turn on. That for scenes.

For status however, if HC3 "decided" to diplay it as ON and being in state "i don't care about on/off", no tricks are working (not even ping zigbee device QA, posted it somewhere on forum), but once the lamp has been dimmed a bit, turn on/off works and stae is reported properly. So it looks like zigee is loosing link information and is in undefined state, till you dim it.

Edited by tinman
  • Like 3