Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

newbie question - multiple dimmer control

James R

Question

This is all very new to me so I hope this isn't an unreasonable question.

I have an HC3 and three dimmers set up. I want to make S1 on a dimmer turn on the light it is attached to and I would like S2 to turn on and dim  all three. I have tried a few approaches but it leaves me with questions.

From one dimmer I can set up associations to the other two dimmers for S2 but when I push S2 the other two lights will come on and I can dim them but the light the switch is attached to does not come on. I can't see how to set the dimmer so all three come on and can be controlled. Is this possible with associations?

Alternatively I can set up a scene (enable Param 28) and get all three lights to toggle from S2 using the hub.call "toggle" command but I don't see an easy way to set up a scene to react to all button presses/holds. Is it LUA code for all possible options and how would dimming increments / decrements work? Would that be efficient?

Or am I missing something else?

Edited by James R
typo

2 answers to this question

Hello you can try grouping the devices.

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks. That is an option. I have tried it and have two observations.

1. Sometimes Groups are slow to respond. If I have there three lights in a groups there can be quite noticeable delays between lights being turned on.

2. If I make one of the devices a Master Device then it always controls all three lights and that switch/module lose the ability to control just that single module.

If the Group could be defined with a Master Device using S2 to trigger then that would be good but that isn't an option.