Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Light turn on via Motion Sensor and switch 2 but stop working

Spetznaz-NL

Question

Hi Everybody,

I am using a motion sensor and a switch 2 single to turn on the lights in the hallway when it start to become dark outside.

It works maybe 3 a 4 times and the it stops working. The motion detects movement and the eye turns blue but the lights stay off.

And someone point me in the right direction why that does happen. I cant find it.

Thanks, 

Jeroen

HC3 - version 5.130.64

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 answers to this question

@Spetznaz-NL , @ppeterr ,

When using lux measurement then it really depends on the sensor parameter 40 - Illuminance report - threshold setting and wake up time. Very often reported lux intensity is greater than real light level in the room, specially during sunset time when light levels drop faster. I suggest to use at least 50 lux as minimum to get scene working in 95% of the time and with parameter 40 set to 40%. You will have to compromise between accuracy and number of reports. Parameter 40 if set to lower value will give better accuracy, but will generate more reports and therefore battery will last shorter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

@Spetznaz-NL , @ppeterr ,

When using lux measurement then it really depends on the sensor parameter 40 - Illuminance report - threshold setting and wake up time. Very often reported lux intensity is greater than real light level in the room, specially during sunset time when light levels drop faster. I suggest to use at least 50 lux as minimum to get scene working in 95% of the time and with parameter 40 set to 40%. You will have to compromise between accuracy and number of reports. Parameter 40 if set to lower value will give better accuracy, but will generate more reports and therefore battery will last shorter.

Thanks for this :)  I've been trying to get some thing working the past week also. I think i dont mind a shorter battery life, since i

want to run 2 scripts. One < 17 and another one < 39. So i have set the treshold at 10 (parameter 40)

This works,  but to be true not as good as expected :)  

a 50 lux difference would for sure not be good enough for me.

@Spetznaz-NL

In addition to the above, i'd like to tell you that for your hallway it might not be nessesary to meassure the lux.

I only use motion to turn on the light. In daytime it is triggering a bright Hue scene, and in the evening and night

it is triggering a dimmed scene. And ofcourse both scene's turn off after 2 minutes orso.

In my situation it is always "dark" enough to turn on the lights anyway.