Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

cloud connection down?

jur.ko

Question

Hi!

I cannot connect to my HC3 devices through cloud anymore. App fails and also web connection through home.fibaro.com fails. Is anyone else experiencing issues?

• Like 7

3 minuty temu, Hallamnet napisał:

Thanks for letting us know. Can you confirm if this was a cyber attack or just a serious fault. Also, do you have any ETA of when the service will be fully restored and if any measures are being taken to mitigate this happening in the future? 

Thanks,

Hal

Unfortunately, we did not receive precise information about the cause of the problem or the time they need for repair. However, the way we cooperate, the lack of information puts a big question mark on our further cooperation. The most important thing for us for now is to restore the possibility of remote access, then we can sit down on the conclusions

2 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

Unfortunately, we did not receive precise information about the cause of the problem or the time they need for repair. However, the way we cooperate, the lack of information puts a big question mark on our further cooperation. The most important thing for us for now is to restore the possibility of remote access, then we can sit down on the conclusions

Yeah, I must say that is bad on your providers behalf and I would be doing the same as yourself by looking for an alternate service provider from the information you have been given. 

I work for a large MSP Complete-IT/Sharp and if we were told what you have been, we would be or speaking to an account manager for a more substantial update. If a service we supplied went down, our clients want to know the root cause and if any steps have been taken to mitigate this happening in the future. 

Having a service status page listing the various services you offer would be highly recommended so at least your clients know if it is an issue with your service rather than an end user having to perform drastic measures to return to the same issue.

I hope you do manage to get this back up and running and will wait for further updates. 

Regards,

Hal 

• Like 1

You're on AWS based on DNS records for home.fibaro.com. There's nothing reported on

Please login or register to see this link.

. Amazon support should already help you with settling infra issues. You can also get information about issues for yourself.

> Unfortunately, we did not receive precise information about the cause of the problem or the time they need for repair.
I hardly believe that. Unless you don't have AWS support and your cloud engineers are on weekend mode ;)

I wonder if you'll ask your clients to change passwords 😎

Edited by irekk

Same here, in France. Cannot connect via internet. 

push notifications with user ID and user telephone no longer work as a result.
we would have to find an alternative for the pushes.
concerning access via the external, it is necessary to pass, 
for me by a port redirection on router towards my synology and that works. 
it remains to find a solution to do without the cloud for pushes.

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by flamalex31

About provider, We use in Asia and south america Azure. They got problem 2 weeks ago, there was lack of information but critical infrastructure was working in 2h and full fix was in 6h

19 minut temu, irekk napisał:

I wonder if you'll ask your clients to change passwords 😎

We will dont need do it because our database of users are on AWS in Ireland and it's working

Our problem is with provider in Warsaw

10 minutes ago, flamalex31 said:

Same here, in France. Cannot connect via internet. 

push notifications with user ID and user telephone no longer work as a result.
we would have to find an alternative for the pushes.
concerning access via the external, it is necessary to pass, 
for me by a port redirection on router towards my synology and that works. 
it remains to find a solution to do without the cloud for pushes.

Please login or register to see this code.

I have moved all my push messages over to Pushover years ago, best decision ever. Always reliable message delivery. 

• Like 2

Same here in Spain, no connection to the cloud. If you ask me, there is clearly an opportunity for improvement regarding the notification process to the registered users about the outage. if the root cause is a cyberattack, the sooner we know, the better. I am a little disappointed to say the least.

2 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Are we ready to monthly pay some amount of money to keep this redundant data centers running.

Do not forget that data centers uses lots of power and needs educated staff to keep it running!

That is definitely not for FREE!

Nothing on this 🤬 world is for free. Word "free" exists only in people heads who do not understand

and see world beyond their noses. Usually those people think "why I should pay anything when I can

get it for FREE, or I'm entitled to have it for FREE". 🤬

In principle you are right. But the pricing is not the decision of the customers but of the provider. And if the provider talks to big it´s their fault. In my opinion they clearly do, especially Yubii.

On the other hand I have paid almost 400 Euros plus over 70 Euros German tax for the Yubii box which might actually cost 10 or 15 Euros. Okay, this includes a margin for the installer and shall also cover the development. But at the end the rest of the money should be enough for a few years of free service, and secondly the development aspect can actually be ignored based on the quality which is provided.

24 minuty temu, A.Socha napisał:

About provider, We use in Asia and south america Azure. They got problem 2 weeks ago, there was lack of information but critical infrastructure was working in 2h and full fix was in 6h

To be professional, you (and I really mean Fibar Group and not you as a person) still should have a status page and provide updates to your customers. I'm happy that you use cloud service providers, but it's still not solving the problem that your architecture is not enterprise.
I'm also happy that you have DBs somewhere else, but it doesn't mean, that if any piece of your infra have been breached, someone didn't accessed storages.

Good luck with fixing issues. I know how crappy it is to deal with such crap on friday night/saturday morning.

Edited by irekk

Regading switching to the local environment ... I  only know the Yubii box but there it´s a mess. I am an end customer "only" but actually kind of experienced with IT and stuff. However, it was not easy, and I currently don´t exactlyremember how to get over to the local access. Especially because it required to be in the same network which is difficult because the PC is not on Wifi but Ethernet and the smartphones are on a different Wifi. And even if it would be feasible for an experienced user ... how shall I tell "regular" users what to do? It´s impossible. It starts with the fact that system updates are not possible through the cloud connection. A regular user will never drive any update because he or she simply does not find out how it works.

I read above that other products more or less automatically or at least seamless switch between local and cloud. This should ... no shall be a main feature of every solution.

Edited by krza
typo corrected

2 minuty temu, irekk napisał:

To be professional, you (and I really mean Fibar Group and not you as a person) still should have a status page and provide updates to your customers. I'm happy that you use cloud service providers, but it's still not solving the problem that your architecture is not enterprise.
I'm also happy that you have DBs somewhere else, but it doesn't mean, that if any piece of your infra have been breached, someone didn't accessed storages.

Good luck with fixing issues. I know how crappy it is to deal with such crap on friday night/saturday morning.

Thank You we got status page but was take down  :( it was on others servers from this same provider

Yes you got right, but we need reason from our privider. Good thing is that on remote access we dont keep any users data. It allow hubs to connect and forwart traffic to mobile phone, nothing is stored there

I got info that Italy should work, Netherlands should be starting too

8 minut temu, krza napisał:

Regading switching to the local environment ... I  only know the Yubii box but there it´s a mess. I am an end customer "only" but actually kind of experienced with IT and stuff. However, it was not easy, and I currently don´t exactlyremember how to get over to the local access. Especially because it required to be in the same network which is difficult because the PC is not on Wifi but Ethernet and the smartphones are on a different Wifi. And even if it would be feasible for an experienced user ... how shall I tell "regular" users what to do? It´s impossible. It starts with the fact that system updates are not possible through the cloud connection. A regular user will never drive any update because he or she simply does not find out how it works.

I rad above that other products more or less automatically or at least seamless switch between local and cloud. This should ... no shall be a main feature of every solution.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you.

Have you ever seen a phone update without a user somewhere far away, there may always be a reason that will force e.g. a power restart, and you won't do that 500km from the HUB

Experienced users probably handled problem using VPN or local connections, but not everyone has the knowledge and skills, so we are trying to get the service back up and running as soon as possible

Of course, we will want to improve the switching from remote to local connection in our application

• Like 2

Same here. Started yesterday no remote/cloud connection, only lokal true PC.

lokal update works fine, but the issue’s is still in the cloud provider server.

Thanks for the update. I can confirm, The Netherlands is working again (a little slower, but working!)