Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

cloud connection down?

jur.ko

Question

Hi!

I cannot connect to my HC3 devices through cloud anymore. App fails and also web connection through home.fibaro.com fails. Is anyone else experiencing issues?

• Like 7

26 minut temu, andreacalabretta napisał:

Salve a tutti ,

Translator mode

potete inoltrare le e-mail che avete ricevuto?

L'amministratore delegato del provider ci ha detto che il motivo è un difetto dell'hardware.

7 minut temu, Wimjanse napisał:

Not working yet in the Netherlands, at least, not on my KPN/xs4all connection

Propably DNS need more time

Got information from CEO of provider that the reason is HARDWARE FAULT

20 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you.

Have you ever seen a phone update without a user somewhere far away, there may always be a reason that will force e.g. a power restart, and you won't do that 500km from the HUB

Experienced users probably handled problem using VPN or local connections, but not everyone has the knowledge and skills, so we are trying to get the service back up and running as soon as possible

Of course, we will want to improve the switching from remote to local connection in our application

To be honest I´m not 100% sure if I gout you correctly. I just said that it´s not easy and too complicated for a regular user to switch over to the local environment. The default seems to be the cloud connection – fo a good reason because if you want to use your stuff at home only you actually don´t need the cloud to operate it, do you?). In my case I use my smartphone and the desktop PC, latter especially to change configurations and scenes. My wife also uses the smartphone. She should be able to switch over to local without expert knowledge (and in best case without changing the Wifi network – the box is in its own Wifi which is different from the regular one).

Good to know that you have improvements on your roadmap. And don´t get me wrong ... I just explain my experience although it´s a bit off-topic in this thread but somehow connected to the outage. Thanks a lot for spending the limited weekend time for the issue resolution.

2 minuty temu, SmartHomeEddy napisał:

Zal ik er ook wat Nederlands in gooien? 😉

Please NO

Next is Poland, it is starting

• Like 1

Good afternoon. does not work in Russia either. I don't think you should get hysterical. this is the first access failure in all the time I've used fibaro. So in the work of Google, Instagram and others, there are also problems. but scenes, climate, etc. work offline. But even small companies have a spare communication channel and prompt notification of users, and this is something worth thinking about. P.s. Sorry my language no good. Google translate help me -)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, krza said:

To be honest I´m not 100% sure if I gout you correctly. I just said that it´s not easy and too complicated for a regular user to switch over to the local environment. The default seems to be the cloud connection – fo a good reason because if you want to use your stuff at home only you actually don´t need the cloud to operate it, do you?). In my case I use my smartphone and the desktop PC, latter especially to change configurations and scenes. My wife also uses the smartphone. She should be able to switch over to local without expert knowledge (and in best case without changing the Wifi network – the box is in its own Wifi which is different from the regular one).

Good to know that you have improvements on your roadmap. And don´t get me wrong ... I just explain my experience although it´s a bit off-topic in this thread but somehow connected to the outage. Thanks a lot for spending the limited weekend time for the issue resolution.

I agree with you (not to go too much off topic) It should be possible to prefer the local connection if the HC device is detected on that network. Also with an icon that shows it.

• Like 2

• Italy
  • Poland
  • Germany
  • Holland

are done, if you got a problem wait a bit more for dns update

Next on list is :

• Norway
  • Sweden
  • France
  • Hungary
  • Spain
  • Russia
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, A.Socha said:
  • Italy
  • Poland
  • Germany
  • Holland

Next on list is :

• Norway
  • Sweden
  • France
  • Hungary
  • Spain
  • Russia

Is Portugal associated to the Spanish servers?

Portugal is lower on our list, I apologize for that

1 minute ago, A.Socha said:

Portugal is lower on our list, I apologize for that

Well I'll have to wait then. With this issue I thought the problem was of the Home Center 3 and did a factory default (Did a local backup before). To my surprise when I tried to restore from the local file the box is greyed out and doesn't let me restore from my file... It says: "Maximum 3 local backups may be stored on the system. Uploading or creating another backup requires removing one of the existing ones." But there are no visible backups... do you have any idea why this is happening? Sorry to go of topic but at least I could restore the system and use the app locally...

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

2 minuty temu, Daniel Lopes napisał:

Well I'll have to wait then. With this issue I thought the problem was of the Home Center 3 and did a factory default (Did a local backup before). To my surprise when I tried to restore from the local file the box is greyed out and doesn't let me restore from my file... It says: "Maximum 3 local backups may be stored on the system. Uploading or creating another backup requires removing one of the existing ones." But there are no visible backups... do you have any idea why this is happening? Sorry to go of topic but at least I could restore the system and use the app locally...

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Not sure, maybe it hangs on checking backups in cloud, we will check it later

• Italy
  • Poland
  • Germany
  • Holland
  • Norway
  • Sweden
  • France
  • Hungary

Next on list is :

• Spain
  • Russia
  • UK
  • Czechia
  • Switzerland
  • Slovaka
  • Romania
  • Belgium

@DavidLopezplease check in 15-20min, spain should be forwarded in 5-10minutes but DNS may need time to update

1 godzinę temu, steffo007 napisał:

It is down in Sweden as well

Luckily I have my HC3 linked to Home Assistant, so I can control remotely from that app :)

I also have scenes and push notifications on Home Assistant so the biggest problem at the moment is that google home doesn't work on fibar connected devices

I have exactly the same solution, it works fine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

Not sure, maybe it hangs on checking backups in cloud, we will check it later

Ok. Then I'll wait before programming everything again.

Thanks for your help!