Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller Shutter 3 and Venetian blinds: How to control the slats angle with the physical buttons?

andrehj

Question

I've been using my Venetian blinds for a few years with just the buttons, but now decided to automate them, so I bought a Roller Shutter 3 (FGR-223 with firmware 5.1).

However, I found out that by adding the FGR223 between the buttons and the Venetian blinds the working of the buttons has completely changed.

The problem is:
Without the FGR223, if I wanted to move the blinds up or down, I had to press and hold the down switch, until the blinds were down. Same for up.
With the FGR223, I just have give a short pulse on the switch to move the blinds completely up or down.

So far, it looks like an improvement.

However, we also used to control the angle of the slats by short pulsing the physical switches. These short pulses are now interpreted as a command to completely move the blinds up or down, making controlling the angle of the slats with the physical switches impossible. (= very negative WAF

Please login or register to see this image.

)

So the question is: does anybody know how to control the angle of the slats with the physical buttons with a Fibaro Roller Shutter?

(The FGR223 is connected to Domoticz on a Raspberry Pi via zwave-js-ui and mosquitto, but I do not think that that has anything to do with this problem, since the behavior is the same with and without a zwave controller in the network).

3 answers to this question

@andrehj From manual::::::

Using momentary switches:

Click UP switch – initiate up movement.
Click DOWN switch – initiate down movement.
If the blind is moving, clicking any button, will stop the move-
ment. 

Operating slats of venetian blinds
When operating venetian blinds it is possible to manage angle 
of the slats. 
Hold UP switch – initiate slats rotation up.
Hold DOWN switch – initiate slats rotation down.

Using toggle switches:
Change UP switch state – initiate up movement.
Change DOWN switch state – initiate down movement.
Choosing a middle position stops the blinds.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @Martin_N

You are absolutely correct. I was stupid and did not read the manual well enough. When using your instructions (which I should have read in the manual) everything works OK.