Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

thermostat and heating plugin issue, hc3

daviddomsodi

Question

Hello,

I have climate shcedule problems with hc3. Now I use HC3 (now 5.140, had the same issue before with previous firmwares too), Heatit z-temp2 thermostat, fibaro relay module.

My problem:

I can clearly see that the issue is caused by the virtual device Thermostat& Heating zone (plugin used for manual mode). We use the heating in schedule mode, at every temperature change has the same strange thing.

For example: From 4-6 pm we ask for 18 celsius, than 6-7pm we ask for 21 celsius, from 7pm again 18celsius. Now at 6pm every time the schedule mode sets the 21 celsius but immidiately after the manual mode turns on (without manually use, we do not touch the thermostat nor the application or anything for climate change) and gives again the 21 pm but with the plugin's parameter it stays for 4hours. So instead of 7pm 18 celsius the system stays on 21 for 3 more hours... 

Btw... I have so much trouble with HC3. The lights, scenes, heating. It has so many problems... With HC2 everything works just fine and HC3 I have issues from the beginning. I use it since about 6 months and had no sollution for many problems. 
Hope someone can help me, cause I need to solve this heating problem asap. Thank you!

5 answers to this question

That quickapp is buggy i think. We have developed our own quickapp for controlling the entire climate scheduler, and now we have access to it on mobiles and on PC too. We can adjust everything from mobiles. And it doesn't use the FIbaro's built-in climate scheduler with zones, this is a completely independent one. We are still testing this. Worked on it almost half year while got to this version. Also big thanks goes to Jan Gabrielson's fibaroExtra file, that has eased up our struggle a lot.  As i am not the only owner of this, i can't share it like an opensource code, but if you give me your HC3 SN number i can share this with you. At least i will get some feedback about it.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_03/image.png.44fa89f7e73f6b57b8e8a031ea70d0a9.png" />

Edited by Neo Andersson

@daviddomsodiHi, I've two fibaro heating zones on a hc3l fw5.140 with radiator thermostats from eurotronics.

In one heating zone I'm using an aeotec multisensor 6 with power suppliy, as the reference temp sensor. In the other heating zone, I have a smart implant with a DS18B20 temp sensor, as the reference temp sensor.

I think it's important, to have the reference sensor on a power supply, in order tell the heating panel quickly, if there are temp changes.

If short changes are needed, like manual mode for some hours, vacation mode for some days, weeks, I do this with the yubii app. Look below.

In my case, this is working fine.

If you have temp sensor with power supply, maybe you can give it a try? No Quickapp and heatit thermostat is needed.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Fabir
changed some words

• Inquirer
  • @FabirThank you for your reply.

Well it would be important to work with this termostat. The manual mode works fine from the app and from the device too. My problem is the schedule climate program and the plugin working together. It is important to have ability to change the climate for some hours from a single device not only from mobile or pc. 
    So it is not an option to give it another sensor; I have to work with this combo but thank you for the feedback. 

On 3/17/2023 at 7:56 PM, daviddomsodi said:

Hello,

I have climate shcedule problems with hc3. Now I use HC3 (now 5.140, had the same issue before with previous firmwares too), Heatit z-temp2 thermostat, fibaro relay module.

My problem:

I can clearly see that the issue is caused by the virtual device Thermostat& Heating zone (plugin used for manual mode). We use the heating in schedule mode, at every temperature change has the same strange thing.

For example: From 4-6 pm we ask for 18 celsius, than 6-7pm we ask for 21 celsius, from 7pm again 18celsius. Now at 6pm every time the schedule mode sets the 21 celsius but immidiately after the manual mode turns on (without manually use, we do not touch the thermostat nor the application or anything for climate change) and gives again the 21 pm but with the plugin's parameter it stays for 4hours. So instead of 7pm 18 celsius the system stays on 21 for 3 more hours... 

Btw... I have so much trouble with HC3. The lights, scenes, heating. It has so many problems... With HC2 everything works just fine and HC3 I have issues from the beginning. I use it since about 6 months and had no sollution for many problems. 
    Hope someone can help me, cause I need to solve this heating problem asap. Thank you!

I have exactly the same issue with the Thermastat and Heating Zone plugin. Have you find a fix or workaround for this issue?

Edited by Andy Verberne

I am having the same issue. I had 3 HeatIt thermostats controlling in-floor heating for 3 different rooms, on a climate schedule from HC3. They no longer work, not sure from when. They used to work.  Getting this error, even when selecting only one temperature sensor from the same zone being heated:

Status 

Below is a list of operating modes supported by devices that have been placed in the temperature zone. Heating zone control may not work properly. Edit the zone using devices cooperating with each other.