Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Possibility to hide the "add devices" icon from the dashboard?

ArjenvM2

Any function to disabled these "add device" icons for all the rooms on the dashboard that was added in this update?

I use the dashboard every day, but adding a new device in my current almost complete configuration only once per year(s), so these multiple "add device" button is completely usseless in 99.99% of the time, but still filling up 10% of my dashboard (if not more).

Regards,

Arjen

• Thanks 4

I think this button will cause problem to 0.1% of users. I am not saying that it is a must have functionality, but come on man....you can't be serious about this. This is not an issue. 

Or just buy a wider monitor if you have that many devices...

I am also not a fan of all those "add device" buttons. Someone probably had a hard time to find the "add device" function in the previous firmware version so Fibaro added about 20 buttons on my dashboard, so you cannot overlook it 🙃

• Like 2

I want to hide these buttons. Really hate them. 

This is too too much.

And yes. This is an issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Neo Andersson said:

There are hundreds of way more important things to solve, but okay..let it up to developers..

That is absolutely true. It was (in my opinion) already a wast of time they build it this way. 

• Like 1

Guys, this depends on point od view.

When you are adding devices from dashboard (only admin sees those tiles) those are automatically assigned to the room from which you started the process. It speeds up configuration very much.

I understand that for already configured systems it may be hidden as for normal user.

You are asking to hide them on demand for admin, sure - makes sense, but webUI is mostly for configuration, less for actual day to day use.

For now I suggest to use normal user for daily usage of the system and admin for configuration.

Anyway, I will put a request in the backlog to hide those tiles on demand for admin user - I will discuss this with the team.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Neo Andersson said:

There are hundreds of way more important things to solve, but okay..let it up to developers..

Absolutely right.

There are hundreds of things to solve, and they used the time for this sh…..

25 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

Guys, this depends on point od view.

When you are adding devices from dashboard (only admin sees those tiles) those are automatically assigned to the room from which you started the process. It speeds up configuration very much.

I understand that for already configured systems it may be hidden as for normal user.

You are asking to hide them on demand for admin, sure - makes sense, but webUI is mostly for configuration, less for actual day to day use.

For now I suggest to use normal user for daily usage of the system and admin for configuration.

Anyway, I will put a request in the backlog to hide those tiles on demand for admin user - I will discuss this with the team.

Yes. This is for admin’s only. 

We are working as an admin, because we are installers.

I’m using my system as a user, but using 2 -5 other systems per day as an admin. This is my job.

This function is wrong. Need to hide, or deactivate.

Most of the things are not black and white.

As I said, we will discuss possibility to hide it on demand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1