Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 virtual thermostat can not switch heat mode on/off via scene or virtual button

prob

Question

Hi @ll,

I have floor heating system in HC3 with 8 phisical zone and 6 virtual zone and each zone has own trisensor. To contorl floor heating system according to the temperature I add 6 thermostat into my system. This part is working fine.

I would like to create a scene or method to switch virtual thermostat heat mode off and on if I press a virtual button (if I open a window I need only one press instead of 6+ ). Unfortunatelly virtual thermostat can not select as device in scene.

Any suggestion?

6 answers to this question

Hi

Any thermostat device can be selected in scenes.

I am using dozens of virtual thermostats in scenes.

How did you create the virtual thermostat?

You can create a virtual thermostat by simple creating a quickapp plugin and selecting the desired thermostat role and category, or you can use a linked thermostat directly, where you define your heating device and sensor.

I suppose you have created yours by the second way.

Anyway in both cases you can select your thermostat in any scene.

Please double check your room when you are selecting them in scene.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Neo,

You are right I can choose state of thermostate off or heat it is working now with button I created. NOw I faced another problem, that I have QUBINO Flush On/Off thermostat  where the state allways heating and I controlling temperature with parameter when it start heeating hot water .When it is reach the maximum point status is still heat but switch off the boiler itself. So how can I manage this heating stae to switch off the floor heating if hot waier is on if all tha time hot water is on...? Or I change parameter settings to manage with scene also and then manage floor heating vs hotwater with scene ?

Regarsd

P.Rob

I am not 100% sure, what you want to achieve, but setting a thermostat to some mode you need to call  hub.call(thermostat_id, "setThermostatMode", mode ) where 'mode' can be any of thermostat's supported modes. (Heat,Off etc) You can find out what modes are supported by using swagger or just by a single LUA code hub.getValue(thermostatID,"supportedThermostatModes") which will give you all modes that your thermostat supports.

Please try to format a little bit more precisely your question, or maybe use some translator, because i really don't understand your question.

• Inquirer
  • Normaly boiler is set to switch off floorheating when hotwaeter switch on. My system don't do that therefore if both are working the system efficience is very low...so I would like to switch of floor heating when waterheating is on and versa...

Thats why I looking for a solution for one button switch on/off for all heating circle . Easy to use when I just woud like to off the floor heating in any reason...open a window,  or hotwaeter or just simple do not need. :-)

but you already gave me an idea I will check it tomorrow and back to you.

Thanks

Regards

P.Rob

In my experiences it is not a optimal idea to manually start/stop hot water heating of a boiler. (room heating or floor heating is an other case) Usually boilers have a tank where they pre-heat water for bathrooms and other taps, and if you don't let your boiler do so, you can get to a situation, when you will have to wait for hot water in your bath tube, while the boiler runs up and heat up for you the water..

The tank for hot water is always kept on desired temperature, just to allow for you an immediate access to hot water. This can lead to a situation when you are sitting in a bath tube and some room needs to be heated, then you will sit in cold water. I am not a boiler expert, but I suppose that this would be a bad idea.

• Inquirer
  • Finally I achive , that if boiler start creating hot water and when floor heating system is on it will goes off till hot water reach the desired temperature. LUA code much more flexible than block scene i also able to combine with door sensors and so on.
    next question: do you have quick app (thermostat) experience ? Ho do I change temperature up/down value 0.1 instead of 0.5.....
    I you have no clue don't worry just a shoot from my side , thanks for your help