Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Shelly temperature and humidity sensor

michelds

Question

Hello,
I own a Shelly H&T.

That is a temperature and humidity sensor.

This works very well through Shelly Cloud.

Does anyone have an idea to make it work with the Fibaro HC3?

Please login or register to see this link.

2 answers to this question

@michelds

Short answer: yes, it is possible to add H&T to HC3.
Otherwise... you need to have a USB "cradle" for the sensor for continuous power supply. Then the thermometer will not sleep and you can periodically inquire from HC3. You will receive a response in JSON format.

It's more complicated with battery operation. Due to the high durability of the device, it switches off the connectivity. It wakes up here and there and if the measured value is different from the previous one, it sends it to the cloud, to an MQTT server, or to another device that can receive data using an HTML form. For this regime, I recommend setting the smallest temperature difference and humidity difference of 1-2%. In practice, it is then established that the temperature must remain the same for 24 hours (within the set range +/-), but thanks to the humidity divider, the connection is connected and the concrete is given.
So, one more time: Attention... in battery operation mode, the thermometer is not always reachable via Wi-Fi, and instead of querying the thermometer from HC3, it is necessary to turn the direction and send from the thermometer "somewhere".
The free server DWEET.IO can be used successfully for such things.

From there, it is necessary to help QA to figure out the values.

Below is an image that shows the response from dweet.io one of my apps with this thermometer - I'm asking for the last 5 events.
(I have a slightly more complex application, when I have this wireless thermometer integrated into the measurement and regulation of the boiler room and it serves me for checking with the customer).

eM.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.