Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to enable Immersion Water Heater based on Time

Neil

Hi

I'm new to the HC3 and this is my first post here so please be gentle ;-)

I'm trying to set up a simple timer to enable a Hot Water Tank Immersion Heater.

I've got the ZWave module (a Vesternet high current relay) working and can switch it on and off manually.

I have also set up a couple of scenes to turn the immersion on and off for 1 hour and 2 hour periods.

Now, I want to switch the immersion heater on at 06:00 and off at 09:00 but can't for the life of me work out how to do it.

I have set up the scene shown below but it doesn't work automatically (at the defined times), although it does work if I manually run it

Any help very much appreciated :-)

image.png.226524775b5796cd30dcf2e037581ae9.png

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

Now, I want to switch the immersion heater on at 06:00 and off at 09:00 but can't for the life of me work out how to do it.

Welcome to the forum.

You can’t use the “time range” as trigger. You can make two scenes, one for ON and one for OFF. Use the “exact time” and “use as trigger”. 

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for the quick reply

This solution in the HC3 seems a bit archaic! It seems amazing that there's not a time range or schedule type solution in the HC3 for this type of scenario?

I have another device (a pump) that I will want to automate on and off perhaps 4 or 5 times a day. I'm amazed that I'll need maybe 8 or 10 schedules just to do that.

Another issue with this solution is that if I want to change the times, I have to do that in all the timers. God forbid if my wife wants to change the times. She just about manages the CH programmer!

Are there any schedule type solutions available or are they solely for climate type devices?

Perhaps a good old Sangamo Time Clock might be the better solution!😂

39 minutes ago, Neil said:

I have another device (a pump) that I will want to automate on and off perhaps 4 or 5 times a day. I'm amazed that I'll need maybe 8 or 10 schedules just to do that.

You can combine times, that is not a problem. But a time range is a bit odd. Should it be turned ON at 10:10 or 10:11 or 10:13 or 10:20 ???
    What decision should the HC3 make, just random?  

• Topic Author
  • Ah! I see. I assumed that the time range would be on at the start and off at the end.

Thank you :-)

👍

And if you want it to be 5 times a day, you can put those 5 times in the one scene. 

(Or make the trigger more smart, like based on for example energy prices, water usage, outside temperature or on presence of people.) 

Hi

This might be beneficial to you..

Its an app i have written and just inout the ID of the immersion controller as 'Water SW' and then set your times and duration.

Although a single duration for all 3 times can be set.

Thanks