Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alternatives to IFTTT?

Vicent13

Question

Hi,

I am using IFTTT to make Alexa say something like "Alarm activated" when I push "The Button", or to say it is disarmed when I push it two times. By now, it works more or less OK in the free version but I have received that, starting May 23rd, I will be able to have just 2 templates instead of four/five I use to have.

Do you know any alternative to this?

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Unfortunately, free plans are replaced by limited ones. I've been playing around with this recently and found that I'll have to make do with two actions on IFTTT.
You will go through an interesting summary of similar services:

Please login or register to see this link.

• Like 1

There is a pretty nice skill that I found which creates virtual Doorbells in Alexa that can be called by a URL.

It's working really nicely for me to connect my Doorbird to Alexa annoucements directly with a simple HTTPs post. Alternatively you can create virtual Motion Sensors in Fibaro and use some basic LAU code to create a virtual Alexa trigger from Fibaro? The latter keeps things all in native Fibaro scope and the default Alexa functionality at least?

• Like 1

Look at 

for Alexa. I wrote some code to use VoiceMonkey via the HC3 for someone. Maybe you can use it:

Please login or register to see this code.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • 8 hours ago, Joep said:

Look at 

for Alexa. I wrote some code to use VoiceMonkey via the HC3 for someone. Maybe you can use it:

Please login or register to see this code.

Wow, thanks. I had no idea this exist. I will have a look and maybe come back to you for help :)

22 hours ago, Martin_N said:

Unfortunately, free plans are replaced by limited ones. I've been playing around with this recently and found that I'll have to make do with two actions on IFTTT.
    You will go through an interesting summary of similar services:

Thanks, mate. Very interesting.

9 hours ago, djmc321 said:

There is a pretty nice skill that I found which creates virtual Doorbells in Alexa that can be called by a URL.

It's working really nicely for me to connect my Doorbird to Alexa annoucements directly with a simple HTTPs post. Alternatively you can create virtual Motion Sensors in Fibaro and use some basic LAU code to create a virtual Alexa trigger from Fibaro? The latter keeps things all in native Fibaro scope and the default Alexa functionality at least?

That's a good ponit. Maybe I will go through it too.

32 minutes ago, Vicent13 said:

Wow, thanks. I had no idea this exist. I will have a look and maybe come back to you for help :)

No problem. I'm here to help.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • On 5/23/2023 at 8:26 PM, Joep said:

No problem. I'm here to help.

Hello mate. It's been a long time. So can you help me in this situation?

* I have a physical device (Fibaro "The Button") using it as an activator/deactivator for an alarm.

* If I push it once, the alarm is set up and I want Alexa to say something like "arming alarm. 10.9.8...." If I push it twice "disarming..." , etc. 

I have 4 scenarios: first one is when I push once, twice, three times and when I let it pushed. Alexa answers depending on the case.

I was using voice monkey throughtout IFTTT, but now I0m stucked due to the premium licenses.

Thanks

• Inquirer
  • On 5/23/2023 at 10:41 AM, djmc321 said:

Hello, how can I maje a virtual device from a phisical sensor? I mean, how can i make my system to know that, if I plug a physical device, the virtual one makes an action?