Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Negative Energy Tariff

Corceiro

Just curious and because only admins can create polls (and the polls folder is empty...), how many of you would like to be able to use negative energy rate values on the Energy Panel?

I now that it is a temporary measure, but in some country, at some hours of the day, the electric energy cost has been negative but it is not possible to use that negative cost on Fibaro Energy Panel.

I did an amateur workaround where I created a scene that changes my general meter from consumption to production on the negative tariff hours to be able to calculate the real cost of the energy I will pay at the end of the month, but I lose the information of my real energy consumption.

It could be so easy in Fibaro allowed to use negative values on the electric cost and to me, in terms of mathematical calculation, it seems to be a simple issue and that it wouldn't have no influence on the Fibaro Home Center coding.

• Like 1

@CorceiroGood idea. The forum for suggestions is

Please login or register to see this link.

• Topic Author
  • 23 minutes ago, Fabir said:

@CorceiroGood idea. The forum for suggestions is

Please login or register to see this link.

It's where we are, @Fabir😉

Have a nice weekend!

Edited by Corceiro

The Tibber Monitor Quickapp (I build)  stores hourly energy tarifs in the Energy Panel. The (Tibber) energy tarif can be negative. I haven’t seen that situation in my setup, I don’t use Tibber, so I think it will work 😉

• Topic Author
  • On 5/27/2023 at 5:05 PM, SmartHomeEddy said:

The Tibber Monitor Quickapp (I build)  stores hourly energy tarifs in the Energy Panel. The (Tibber) energy tarif can be negative. I haven’t seen that situation in my setup, I don’t use Tibber, so I think it will work 😉

I think it will not accept the negative value on the Fibaro tariff table. That's what happens on the QA we are using with the Spot electric price (Energy Spot Prices on the Fibaro Marketplace). Don't know what the error is, but it don't accept the value. Note that you can't also input a negative value manually.

On 6/4/2023 at 10:23 AM, Corceiro said:

I think it will not accept the negative value on the Fibaro tariff table. That's what happens on the QA we are using with the Spot electric price (Energy Spot Prices on the Fibaro Marketplace). Don't know what the error is, but it don't accept the value. Note that you can't also input a negative value manually.

Maybe @m.roszak can confirm if it is possible to insert negative energy price values?

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that for now rate cannot be negative.

I did create a task for analyzing this for future implementation, for now we need to live with it. 

• Thanks 2