Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Generic QuickApp device stops looping and processing without error messages

leegoo

Question

Hi,

I have a quickapp that implements a infinite processing loop like below. However, since some days it stops occasionally the processing (e.g. observing of control inputs and acting upon it) without showing any error messages in the device log.

Has anyone experienced the same? How can I regularly reinitialize the device automatically?

Thanks

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by leegoo
correction

6 answers to this question

It can be your self:process() that crashes. Unfortunately, when called from within a setTimeout it may not show an error in the console.

Try this

1 hour ago, leegoo said:

Hi,

I have a quickapp that implements a infinite processing loop like below. However, since some days it stops occasionally the processing (e.g. observing of control inputs and acting upon it) without showing any error messages in the device log.

Has anyone experienced the same? How can I regularly reinitialize the device automatically?

Thanks

I am not fully sure, but i think settimeout function has different argument order...it should be setTimeout(delay, function() --some styuuf here -- end)..but i am not sure...

• Inquirer
  • thanks for the hint, interestingly it works with that initial function for a few days and then it suddenly stops. I now changed it to hub.setTimeout which indeed seems to have a different signature...

let's see for a few days if that is stable now.

• Inquirer
  • thanks, will try pcall, using hub.setTimeout by itself did not solve it

2 hours ago, leegoo said:

thanks, will try pcall, using hub.setTimeout by itself did not solve it

I will be interested in how you go.  I have now fixed all my errors in a particular QA.  But it still seems to crash, without errors, especially if user events are involved. I have to keep reloading it on the App, because the screen goes blank.

• Inquirer
  • I can confirm that the proposal from @jgab worked for me. It caught an error in the function without breaking the settimeout loop. I can also see the error message in the log