Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can't login to Home Center 3, nor do i receive an email

Eduard

Question

I have just bought a HC3 and could login.

i just migrated from HC2 to HC3 bij using 

Please login or register to see this link.

with transfer configuration.

Ater this i can no longer login on the HC3.

I tried resetting my password by using the "forgot password?", but i dont get any email 

What should i do?

It is urgent for me, since i can no longer can control anything in my home, since the HC2 stopped working

7 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Also very annoying, it keeps telling me: 

Te veel pogingen - tijd over:23min

Inloggen

reset HC3 to factory settings, see manual.

You can't migrate need to add each device to your HC3

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, Sjakie said:

reset HC3 to factory settings, see manual.

You can't migrate need to add each device to your HC3

@Sjakie thank you for your swift reply.

I want to make sure I understand correctly: does this mean I need to manually add all my devices to my HC3? Specifically, I'm concerned about the process for my wall switches. For instance, with the FIBARO Dimmer 2 units, it seems like I'd need to physically open each switch to access the button for pairing. Given that I have around 20 of these, it's quite a task.

Is there perhaps an alternative method that doesn't require manually accessing each device?
    Any advice or tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

No other way as to add each device in your HC3.

Tip: make on a regular time a back up.

Read All in One or Eventrunner 

Al your scenes and other stuff from HC2 you need to redo.

Personally I am a fan of Eventrunner 5 easy to create your coding.

Check also the HT qa from Petry easy to create and time saving

Succes

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for the information about adding devices and managing scenes with Eventrunner 5 and the HT qa from Petry.
    However, my immediate concern is with accessing my HC3.

Here's a summary of my situation:

-I migrated from HC2 to HC3 using the

transfer configuration. 
    - After this migration, I've been unable to log in to my HC3.
    - I've attempted to reset my password using the "forgot password?" option, but I'm not receiving any reset emails.

Given these circumstances, I'm currently unable to control anything in my home since my HC2 has stopped working.
    This is quite urgent for me.

After a factory reset, I was able to log in and restore the HC2 backup on the HC3. However, the login issue persists.
    Is there a way to reset my login credentials or any other steps I should follow to regain access to my HC3?
    Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(is er echt geen manier om de login uit te schakelen, via een shelletje wat dingen te doen?)

Thank you in advance for your help!

I don't know if you can restore HC2 with all devices, I guess not because you did  a transfer.

Their is't no sneaky way to migrate!

If yes you can migrate device by device or group and create a Bloch scene or QA to let them things do what you want.

• Inquirer
  • I initiated this thread due to my urgent issues logging into Home Center 3 after attempting to migrate from Home Center 2. I've gone through quite an ordeal and have finally reached a point where I can share some conclusive advice and warnings based on my extensive interactions with Fibaro's support and personal experiences. Here's what I've learned and what you should know:

Immediate Steps for Login Issues:

1 - Contact Fibaro Support ASAP: If you face any login issues after migrating, contact Fibaro's support immediately. I've found the support team in Poland to be very responsive:

Email: [email protected]
    Phone: +48 61 880 1000 (8:00-16:00 CET)
    2 - Provide Detailed Information: When you contact support, be ready to provide a thorough description of your issue, the steps you've taken, and any relevant system details.

Critical Migration Warnings:
    Do Not Attempt to Migrate Twice
    : If your first migration attempt fails, do not try a second time before getting support. The second migration attempt can lead to a complete loss of Z-Wave device information, leaving you unable to communicate with your devices.

Backup is useless: Since the migration will change the id's, the backup's can no longer be used

Final Thoughts:
    When the following bugs would be fixed, a lot of users would not run into this problems:
    BUG 1 - Login doens't work after migration from HC2 tot HC3 : After the migration i could no longer login with my username/password

BUG 2 - Password reset email does work: After requestion an password-restore email i never received an email
    BUG 3 - Possible to migrate 2 times: After that the HC2 was in readonly mode, it was possible to migrate another time, overwriting the important data
    When i read on this forum, these issues are there already for quite some time

reference: 

Edited by Eduard
    • Like 1