Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Hello to all. With 1 question

This is a good question.  The fakro remote control uses zwave, therefore it may need the fibaro hub to pass on messages. If you've already ordered the fakro then you'll be able to test this out. If the hub needs power, you could install a small UPS for it.

@MdR

Hi, welcome to the forum.

According to what I've read, the ZRH12 controller can work as a master or slave in a z-wave network.

If as a master, it can control other Z-wave devices, but you won't get it in HC3.

Then there is a second option, HC3 will be like master.

If the ZRH12 is used as a slave, you can connect it under the HC3, just like all blinds.

Then there is a function like ASSOCIATION. This is a function that ensures control between slave devices even when connectivity to the master is lost.

Personally, I would send a file using the HC3 method as a master and possibly back it up using UPS. However, practice shows that backing up the master or the slave has a negative effect on reconnecting the slave after power is restored.

• Topic Author
  • Hello, This is all very new to me. But what I mean: Can the ZRH12 directly control the ARZ-shutters (i.e. without the HC3L) and also control the ARZ-shutters with an app via the HC3L? Thanks for helping me.

@MdR

I guess I can't write Vic. "Everything has already been said".

Contact the supplier of blinds.

I repeat:

With Z-Wave, there must be only one Master - HC3L or ZRH12!

If the ZRH12 will be the master, the rollers CANNOT be controlled from the HC3L!

If the HC3L will be the master, it must be the ZRH12 as the slave, just like the blinds. Then interactions can be carried out in HC3L and with the ZRH12 controller (I don't know the peace of integration - ask the supplier).