Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Movie Idea - DEAD NODES - Return of the triple click

alandee

Following the release of a basically stable, functioning for the most part 4.042 .. is it too soon for ...

I've been writing all sorts lately, one of which was a horror play for a local theatre group, which got me to thinking .. 

Dead Nodes .. the return of the triple click ..

Beep beep beep // you know the kitchen bit from the smoke alarm advert, cut out the family having fun, just have it look like an abandoned kitchen with the smoke and bubbling over pots, pan to the lights coming on down the hall, from the other great production, cut the lights and have lilli say .. "I'm coming to get you Barbara", ( generic voice)  "Sir we have numerous Dead Nodes & can't switch off, the counters over the door are going crazy, the outdoor motion sensor has stopped" .. (heavy wolf creek type breathing)  .. (in the style of Poltergeist) "we don't know how many people are in there !" .. ( Star Trek Scotty Voice ) "We don't know how much power we are using Captain" (comedy relief in the voice of Kermit the Frog ) We had Aeotecs all around the yard sir, but they are basically shagged as they don't have templates and well quite frankly it all gets a bit difficult" .. ( (Kurt Russell Voice ) "There's someone at the gate flashing their lights, but the system is just showing a series of blue LED's, and the intercom doesn't appear to exist" ..( generic authoritative voice) " We don't actually know what is going Madam Presidento. We've had our best men try logging in but only got 503's" //flickering lights in the hall again// "Ma'am, it's worse than we thought, Teamviewer didn't fix the problem" (Judi Dench ( did you know shes 80 ! ) voice ) WTF! .. In our opinion, the only option available to overcome the issue will be to utilise the super duper plugin whazzisname wrote, oh wait, what are you saying ? That functionality appears to have been taken away? Well get it back , get it back now .. ".... ( Generic Grunt Voice ) "We have a courier on it's way back from poland with a new usb stick sir, but we have no idea at all where the heck he is as the GPS is down" (panicked operators voice) " I'm getting push notifications from Russia, Poland, Australia, USA, and the UK .. Most of Europe is lit up at the moment sir " .. ( generic authoritative voice) " Gentleman, Maam Presidento, it's as cold as a morgue in here, don't tell me ..  danfos thermostat right ? "( dramatic music building with lilli voice laughing maniacally over the top ), (english Downton Abbey voice ) "the GUI isn't working .. where are my devices ... Ahhhh, it's the neighbors cordless phone W. T. F.?!" ..  Heavy breathing .. (panicked voice) "the door locks are inoperable, .. pant pant .. we can't get them close enough to include",  " .. they've breached the outer perimeter sir, it's OK, our last defence is the lighting .. ( commanding voice ) bring the lights up to 100% .. ( less sure commanding voice ) hmm, bring the lights up to 100% !! .. ( Archer calling Lana Voice ) Bring the lights up!  For the sake of humanity .. oh for .. now what .." (Blood curdling scream ) AAAAhhhhhhhhggggggand and end with a big shiny apple with fibaro carved on it...

I'm working on a full screenplay, but you get the general idea

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Hehehe,

Cheers,

al.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Topic Author
  • Yep I think that's pretty much casting taken care of

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

mind you ;

Updated Edit :

Could play dean

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Cheers,

al.

Edited by alandee

I say some are obviously bored. To little and not exciting enough in the Fibaro zwave world at the moment... 

• Topic Author
  • I say some are obviously bored. To little and not exciting enough in the Fibaro zwave world at the moment... 

True enough, for the first time in as long as I care to reflect, my system is operational, and I don't feel the need to constantly monitor or tweak it.. I'd not say fully working as there are things still not working, but .. with the exception of a few dead nodes I can't seem to shake, and a few items that won't operate .. I'd almost say it's stable in my situation..

Hopefully get a chance to start doing some clever things in the coming weeks now I have some confidence with stability !w00t!

Cheers,

al.

Counting chickens.

My movie would be based around Groundhog Day.

Same as al here. Stable but basic but for me this is for the third time in three years.

• 1 year later...

If i could interject:

Start the script slow, show "the good old days" when everything works just fine. and than start building the horror in second act (after all the actors are introduced - that was intentionall pun).

Maybe show one or two devices sporting no comunication avalible line... show them not reacting, slowly increase the number untill the front doors are not openable and broken crying figure can be seen in corner of the room, firmly grasping their phone in darkness, trying to add FGK in desperation. Pack of freshly opened batteries mock said figure, proving that the problem is not on user's end.

or something like that .)

On 23-4-2015 at 2:46 AM, alandee said:

Following the release of a basically stable, functioning for the most part 4.042 .. is it too soon for ...

I've been writing all sorts lately, one of which was a horror play for a local theatre group, which got me to thinking .. 

Dead Nodes .. the return of the triple click ..

Beep beep beep // you know the kitchen bit from the smoke alarm advert, cut out the family having fun, just have it look like an abandoned kitchen with the smoke and bubbling over pots, pan to the lights coming on down the hall, from the other great production, cut the lights and have lilli say .. "I'm coming to get you Barbara", ( generic voice)  "Sir we have numerous Dead Nodes & can't switch off, the counters over the door are going crazy, the outdoor motion sensor has stopped" .. (heavy wolf creek type breathing)  .. (in the style of Poltergeist) "we don't know how many people are in there !" .. ( Star Trek Scotty Voice ) "We don't know how much power we are using Captain" (comedy relief in the voice of Kermit the Frog ) We had Aeotecs all around the yard sir, but they are basically shagged as they don't have templates and well quite frankly it all gets a bit difficult" .. ( (Kurt Russell Voice ) "There's someone at the gate flashing their lights, but the system is just showing a series of blue LED's, and the intercom doesn't appear to exist" ..( generic authoritative voice) " We don't actually know what is going Madam Presidento. We've had our best men try logging in but only got 503's" //flickering lights in the hall again// "Ma'am, it's worse than we thought, Teamviewer didn't fix the problem" (Judi Dench ( did you know shes 80 ! ) voice ) WTF! .. In our opinion, the only option available to overcome the issue will be to utilise the super duper plugin whazzisname wrote, oh wait, what are you saying ? That functionality appears to have been taken away? Well get it back , get it back now .. ".... ( Generic Grunt Voice ) "We have a courier on it's way back from poland with a new usb stick sir, but we have no idea at all where the heck he is as the GPS is down" (panicked operators voice) " I'm getting push notifications from Russia, Poland, Australia, USA, and the UK .. Most of Europe is lit up at the moment sir " .. ( generic authoritative voice) " Gentleman, Maam Presidento, it's as cold as a morgue in here, don't tell me ..  danfos thermostat right ? "( dramatic music building with lilli voice laughing maniacally over the top ), (english Downton Abbey voice ) "the GUI isn't working .. where are my devices ... Ahhhh, it's the neighbors cordless phone W. T. F.?!" ..  Heavy breathing .. (panicked voice) "the door locks are inoperable, .. pant pant .. we can't get them close enough to include",  " .. they've breached the outer perimeter sir, it's OK, our last defence is the lighting .. ( commanding voice ) bring the lights up to 100% .. ( less sure commanding voice ) hmm, bring the lights up to 100% !! .. ( Archer calling Lana Voice ) Bring the lights up!  For the sake of humanity .. oh for .. now what .." (Blood curdling scream ) AAAAhhhhhhhhggggggand and end with a big shiny apple with fibaro carved on it...

I'm working on a full screenplay, but you get the general idea

/uploads/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" />

Hehehe,

Cheers,

al.

LOL :-P