Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro wall plug firmware upgrade

U5tabil

Is there a way to download a new fibaro wall plug firmware? I have old ones and new ones. And the old ones have some bugs in them. And i would like to upgrade them.

Not that I know of... are you talking about a bug regarding alarm class?

• Topic Author
  • Upgrade of modules via Z-wave is not supported by HC so far, but we plan to make it so.

Ok great. I'm running HomeSeer3 And there is possibilities there to send and update, by uploading a .hex firmware file. So as soon as you get those files i want them so i can upgrade the modules

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok great. I'm running HomeSeer3 And there is possibilities there to send and update, by uploading a .hex firmware file. So as soon as you get those files i want them so i can upgrade the modules

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

U5tabil,

I see that you are still on Homeseer 3. I was there back a few months ago when my HC2 had to be sent to Poland, for a week or so. And I was soooo glad that I could come back to the HC2. I read in earlier post from you that Homeseer made you happy with the many included possibilities for scenemaking. Is that the reason why you stay with HS3 ? I myself was reasonably happy with HS2 but HS3 never worked for me. Latest news is also that Homeseer is not doing very well and some observators expect it to go bankrupt before the end of the year. Would be a pitty though, I have spent many happy years with that American friend !

Latest news is also that Homeseer is not doing very well and some observators expect it to go bankrupt before the end of the year. Would be a pitty though, I have spent many happy years with that American friend !

where did you read this?

i think when you put these kind of things on a forum, it's a good thing to show us the link where you read this

• Topic Author
  • That is true. I still use Fibaro modules though like the sensors etc.

It's just so much better to make complex events in HS3. Also I have been able to make my own interface design with the HS designer tool that I really like. All this combined I'm able to custom make more. Both for me and people I set it up for.

Also now they have the new Zee 2 with over twice the power and z-wave plus for 199$.

Maybe in the future Fibaro will have a better system etc. I will for sure test once they release a HC3 or something

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think Fibaro is doing good progress.

Can I ask where you read that information about homeseer going bankrupt by this year? I don't believe this. Especially now with the new Zee 2...

where did you read this?

i think when you put these kind of things on a forum, it's a good thing to show us the link where you read this

Hohoho, it's not that he CEO of Homeseer told me that he will close his office in the next few weeks.

And I can't give a link of an article: it was an item on CNN last March with people of Georgiatech in Atlanta, mainly about robotics and the roboticslab there. In the margin of this talk it was said that "also in domotics for example big players like Google and Apple were taking initiatives to consolidate the strongly divided market. Most suppliers are now offering hardware plus software solutions rather than stand-alone software. " And then it was mentioned that that change of direction might come too late "for some older players like Homeseer and Indigo". 

And I think that is exactly what we are seeing with Homeseer: their offerings of all kinds of boxes has increased enormously.

Don't get me wrong: I am a strong supporter of Homeseer but, on the other hand, I'm too much of a lover of a nice interface to stay with it. I still have HS3 running some tasks in the house now, but only a few.

• Topic Author
  • Hohoho, it's not that he CEO of Homeseer told me that he will close his office in the next few weeks.

And I can't give a link of an article: it was an item on CNN last March with people of Georgiatech in Atlanta, mainly about robotics and the roboticslab there. In the margin of this talk it was said that "also in domotics for example big players like Google and Apple were taking initiatives to consolidate the strongly divided market. Most suppliers are now offering hardware plus software solutions rather than stand-alone software. " And then it was mentioned that that change of direction might come too late "for some older players like Homeseer and Indigo". 

And I think that is exactly what we are seeing with Homeseer: their offerings of all kinds of boxes has increased enormously.

Don't get me wrong: I am a strong supporter of Homeseer but, on the other hand, I'm too much of a lover of a nice interface to stay with it. I still have HS3 running some tasks in the house now, but only a few.

Well HomeSeer now comes with the Zee2 that has Z-wave pluss for 199$. That with a quad core 960mhz. that is really good product and price.

I agree to some point that HomeSeer lacks a bit on the design/interface. but they make up with having a better system in the background. And also that one is able to design something of your own is really good. I have manage to make my own interface that i find good looking and also better to use overal compared to other streamlined interfaces. I can use a selfmade "template" that i can work and custom make an interface for each user i help set up the system for. And that is a very big advantage.

We can only speculate how things will turn out. But there is so much happening right now. And the market is still new even for HomeSeer that has been doing this for 10 years. Everyone is doing "their" thing. To please the customers. And their way of doing things. We have Fibaro mainly doing "do it yourself" system along with many others. HomeSeer too, but they also have something more like Control4 and the other "professionals" that makes systems for each customer.

And then you have the way a "smart home" works. There is so many ways and so many ideas on how this should be done. For me it all about automation. Proper automation where one does not use buttons at all unless you really have too. And that it think is really the future. Controlling your lights with your phone is more of a "gimmick" thing than practical. In the end of the day you really just want your house to do what you want without asking or doing anything....

Hohoho, it's not that he CEO of Homeseer told me that he will close his office in the next few weeks.

the  moment that the new zwave controller is out for europe, i buy a couple of them.and not only me

and "might come late" is just a feeling, it's not a fact that there are broke

but we'll see

the  moment that the new zwave controller is out for europe, i buy a couple of them.and not only me

and "might come late" is just a feeling, it's not a fact that there are broke

but we'll see

Ok, I understand that but did you have a good look at the limitations of that 199$ Zee ? And why on earth does HS still sell these 2,995$ boxes while all you need is a minipc of a couple of hundred bucks ?

what are the limitations?

i just use them as zwave "sticks" they will communicate with my homeseer 3 server

and why are there pc's 3000 dollars? no idea

almost all compagnies do the same,

example

siemens t500 ip pbx, cost a 3000 dollars, is just a athom pc with asterix software, you can build you're own voor 300 dollar

Biggest problem with Fibaro is the marketing of features/functions which are NOT ready to roll out into production.

Over promise and Failure to deliver (for long duration after being marketed) is a BIG NO NO!!! Whoever in the marketing needs some refresher course to stay align with this era of globalised world.

• 1 month later...

The discussion become a little bit of topic. But if we Looking at z-wave certification i really like that fibaro certified Their products (hc2 and modules) with the latest firmware. And hs3 stuggeled a lot with is but they did IT

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />.

Please login or register to see this link.

And IT would be great that fibaro provided a download for the modules firmware so we can update the firmware of the devices starting with hs3.