Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro and Standard Alarm Systems

JohnnyC

Question

I have successfully connected 1 x relay switch and a Universal Sensor to my DSC PC1616 to allow me to check the status, arm/disarm and be notified of a breach (i.e Siren turns on)

Still working through the exact parameters but it is completely functional and sending correct notifications. I also have built the arming and disarming into leave office/arrive at office scenes with relative ease.

I will be working on zoning the alarm using another Universal sensor and the second channel of the relay in the coming days.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

9 answers to this question

On 9/12/2012 at 4:13 AM, JohnnyC said:

I have successfully connected 1 x relay switch and a Universal Sensor to my DSC PC1616 to allow me to check the status, arm/disarm and be notified of a breach (i.e Siren turns on)

Still working through the exact parameters but it is completely functional and sending correct notifications. I also have built the arming and disarming into leave office/arrive at office scenes with relative ease.

I will be working on zoning the alarm using another Universal sensor and the second channel of the relay in the coming days.

Hi JohnnyC,

Can you provide a detailed (step by step) description? I have DSC PC1616 to, and i also like to do this. 

Thx

Tamas

On 31/12/2016 at 1:35 AM, akatar said:

there is a dsc plugin for fibaro?

Yup, but like all Fibaro plugins it isnt very good. You are not able to choose between Stay/ Away arming, and it creates 64 zones regardless of how many you are actually using. The whole built in Fibaro alarm lacks any real features, I use a Vera controller to interface my DSC alarm system using API

hmm

i have connected my dsc to homeseer 3, fibaro plugins are indeed not worth using (this moment)

And made it. I connect Universal Sensor to my DSC with 2 x relay, and now i can read my DSC status (safe/armed), and siren status. I can use this, when i go away, hc2 turn off all lights and other devices..

You can have arm away or stay when using the Fibaro DSC plugin. I have don this by just creating a vertical device. It also has the alarm status when armed or disarmed.

Edited by John9439

On 2/4/2017 at 10:00 PM, John9439 said:

You can have arm away or stay when using the Fibaro DSC plugin. I have don this by just creating a vertical device. It also has the alarm status when armed or disarmed.

Hey @John9439, I'm interested to know how you accomplished the stay/ away arming using the FIbaro DSC plugin and VD?

20 hours ago, devfern24 said:

Hey @John9439, I'm interested to know how you accomplished the stay/ away arming using the FIbaro DSC plugin and VD?

If you are using a DSC IT-100 interface you can just send the command to arm stay as below.