Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remotec ZXT-120 Z-wave Air conditioner Controller

Daniel W

Question

Anyone that succesfully using the Remotec ZXT-120 IR Extender to controll their split air-conditioning installation?

When I add the device it will show up as a thermostat (see screenshot below) but not with correct temperature (so i suspect it's not playing alone well). I also don't manage to controll the AC unit itself, although I tried the different codes that I could find in the documentation for my Chigo unit. Will try to configure the learning commands - but that seems pretty step for a starter.

I'm adding another screenshot I found from a user that nicely succeded with the Vera controller *jealous*.

Cheers

Daniel

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello, I need some Z-wave air conditioner controller, I have 4 AC units ( Mitsubishi MSZ-GA35VA ) in my house and I was thinking to buy 4 Remotec ZXT-120, but I've seen some of you are reporting this isn't working with Fibaro HC2, is that correct?

Thanks.

Anyone has experience dealing with air con ir codes?

Want to know if an instance on button ir code, does it contain parameter like degree Celsius/fan speed/flap position all these kinda condition in that ir code?

I've tried and realize that the ir codes are indeed different

Every parameter of the Air Con IR code is sent when you press a button on the remote. So if you are on 20 Degrees and press "TEMP +" it sends

(Power ON) - (21 degrees) - (Fan Speed) - (Swing Direction) - (Mode)  etc all at once

This way if commands are sent from the Remote and is not received by the AC unit, the next accepted button press on the remote ensures that the display on the remote screen is correct

I am at the verge of giving up hope with this device. Spending too much time testing and trying to get it to work with Daikin FTKS25DVM series.

And every time I include into HC2, it will not be able to be excluded properly and have to manual delete the devices many many times and reboot HC2 to get rid of them.

Please login or register to see this link.

, have you tried using Global Cache iTach? It's been working great for me.

I bought one of this devices, but as chaicka said to remove the device I had to reboot the system, and in advance page I don't have the devices template, so I cannot configure anything, no IR CODEs, nothing. :/

My ZXT-120 is the latest version 1.6H.

I included the ZXT into fibaro (vers. 4.040) but in advanced tab there is no possibility to change parameters (in fact there are none).

Can anybody help?

I included the ZXT into fibaro (vers. 4.040) but in advanced tab there is no possibility to change parameters (in fact there are none).

Can anybody help?

Go to this topic, 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi All,  

Something was able to scenes control the ZXT-120?

i can do it manually via the app or web but i can't do so via scenes control (e.g. Turn off the air conditioner when no movement in the room).

Thx

did you create a virtual device for your aircon? if you had, you can create a scene to check if there is no movement in the room for xxx seconds, click the button OFF on the virtual device to turn off the air conditioner.

Hi Malvin,

Thank you for your replay.

No i didn't, any chance that you will guide me?

Thx

Doron