Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Good z-wave curtain solution

marcfonteijn

Question

I was looking around for a good way to open/close my curtains via HC2. The curtain tracks that come with z-wave build in cost a fortune.

So I ended up buying the Dooya DT52S motor (

Please login or register to see this link.

) via aliexpress.com. The great thing about this motor is that it has direct AC direction control. One wire to open and one wire to close the curtain. So this motor works perfect with the Roller Shutter 2.

I've shot a is a short video to demonstrated how the setup works:

Another nice thing about this setup is that I've associated the S2 key of a dimmer with the Roller Shutter 2. Now I can also control the curtains manually with the dimmer which is located middle of my living room. So you don't have to physically connect a switch to the Roller Shutter 2 to be able to control it via a manual switch. You can just use associations.

15 answers to this question

Hi Marc,

I am looking for a curtain system too, i looked on the website, but which parts do i need for a complete curtain system, not only the Dooya DT52S motor?

grt,

Ron

• Inquirer
  • I ordered the whole set here...

If you order on aliexpress never pay the price that is posted. Always contact the seller and ask for his best price.

There is also a DT52E motor but that one has different wiring so I'm not sure if that one will work.

Marc,

Whats in the set, motor including rails?

I cannot see the details on the site, or i do something wrong?

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

grt,

Ron

A dutch party in here

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am quite interested to on what the set is. I might also buy the roller blind. I just can't find if it includes the hanging mechanism.

• Inquirer
  • Whats in the set, motor including rails?

You get a complete set. Motor, rails, parts to attach it to the ceiling, a manual control switch. They can also include a wireless remote control but I didn't need that one

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've attached a photo that shows you what's in the package.

I'm actually really curious if it's possible to use the

motor instead of the DT52S. The DT52E has 1 wire that controls the direction instead of 2. I have no clue if the RS2 can switch the direction using 1 output... anyone?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

So full package. I even believe Dooya is part of somfy so not a cheap quality supplier.

Are you able to adjust size/width or do you order the width as you require. Secondly, can you hang the curtains in a Way that you do not see the rails.

By the Way. Why do you want to change the motor?

Thanks for your reply

• Inquirer
  • Are you able to adjust size/width or do you order the width as you require. Secondly, can you hang the curtains in a Way that you do not see the rails.

1. You can only make it shorter. So I order the length that I need plus 5% extra. At home I made everything fit to the exact width I needed.

2. I think you can make your curtain so that when it's close you don't see the rail. But when your curtain is open you'll of course will see the rail. Unless you make a cove in your ceiling or something.

By the Way. Why do you want to change the motor?

The DT52E is a bit 'smarter' as it has the 'pull to start' function and has a build in remote control receiver. Not essential functions but nice to have.

I just found this video

No sh*t Sherlock... Check the first post

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ah f*** yeah sorry for that

/emoticons/default_icon_redface.gif" alt=":oops:" />

/emoticons/default_icon_redface.gif" alt=":oops:" /> . But nice Video

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />)) lol

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" />

• Inquirer
  • I just found a Dutch company that sells practically every type of window shading system and all of them can be motorized!

If you want to order some nice product please visit:

i'm worki for polish parter of that company and we make a lot of products for Fibaro

Forest en Harrison works fine with Fibaro.

Forest is the beset solution.

Harrison is good.

See my Harrison zwave solution.

Dutch

I have both in my shop.

Hi guys, would it be possible to connect dooya DT52E to fibaro roller shutter 3? The E version only has 3 wires, so I’m not sure how the Fibaro module handles this. Thanks a lot

I was looking for a much cheaper retrofit solution that could be controlled via the Fibaro HC2 ideally battery powered and I finally found one. Its blogged about

They show a curtain robot that hangs on the curtain pole or can sit in a track, it then moves left or right to open or close the curtains. If your curtains open from the middle then you will need two and can be configured to work as a pair.

You will also need a hub to use it with cloud services provided by IFTTT.com, Amazon Alexa etc.