Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fire alarm reliability. Is it working at all???

Guest shapa

Question

Guest shapa

Today my wife burnt some food.

A LOT of smoke. Fibaro sensor installed in kitchen (as well as others) was completely silent.

Nest sensors installed in other rooms started to work (they are interlinked) and notified us about possible fire.

I'd say - extremely dangerous and useless toy.

Fibaro, any comments?

I'm ordering three Nests from USA as well. Do you know if they're compatible with HC2 (today, we can't rely on 4.0 never coming or being stable), Vera, or any home automation systems? Should I expect problems with different frequencies or any other issues?

[ Added: 2014-06-21, 14:24 ]

It looks a little bigger than Fibaro's, but still reasonably small.

When it comes to security devices, stability and reliability comes first. Everything else is secondary. I wish Fibaro would understand this and start to deliver upon it. For this kind of equipment, it shouldn't even be possible to turn off audio alarms or reduce sensitivity without getting a warning from the system.

Please login or register to see this image.

Moving off topic a bit

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" /> but I believe it supports http, so should be possible to make it talk to HC2. But I'm considering to buy one to play with. If I get one, I'll make a device for it and share it on here.

[ Added: 2014-06-21, 17:11 ]

When it comes to security devices, stability and reliability comes first. Everything else is secondary. I wish Fibaro would understand this and start to deliver upon it. For this kind of equipment, it shouldn't even be possible to turn off audio alarms or reduce sensitivity without getting a warning from the system.

And yes, completely agree... I have a fair confidence in my detectors, but as I read about more and more people raising conserns about the fibaro smoke sensor, I start to worry if this is something that might appear over time!

Every single device is tested in production process as Dalle1985 described, with a device especially made for this purpose. If you tested our modules in a similar manner and still have any problems, please contact our support team directly: [email protected]