Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Satel Alarm

deanrparry

Question

What exactly is required to integrate Satel with a HC2?

1 x Satel INT-KSG-SSW Sensoric keypad

1 x Satel ETHM-1 TCP/IP communication module for INTEGRA control panels

Is that all I would need?

10 answers to this question

Correct,

Any Integra series keypad (there are 5 or 6 variations)

Ethm-01 communication module

Integra panel

You will also need the Dloadx programming software (free download) and potentially some firmware update tools for the panel and module (also on the website) depending on the suppliers stock and policy on firmware on products sold

Your existing battery, sensors, smoke alarms and sirens will work with it, but you will want to know the wiring type for these NO, NC, EOL etc.

Other than that, just some patience and some access to someone with experience with the programming and Fibaro integration

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for taking the time to reply. Looking at the panels and lan module they seem to come unprotected as PCB only is this right or are there accessories?

Every component is available separately, you can purchase the polycarbonate case and power supply etc individually.

It's better to use these as the case has the correct fixings and placements for panels, expansion modules etc. but this way they give you the option

Guest GG

I get a yellow notification at the top of the screen saying:

Attention, integration with the Satel control panel is not fully configured. The control panel does not have a alarm partition named Fibaro.

I don't understand exactly what to do about this. Any idea?

The integration seem to work as expected although not all partitions in the Satel alarm system have the correct names in HC2.

Correct,

Any Integra series keypad (there are 5 or 6 variations)

Ethm-01 communication module

Integra panel

You will also need the Dloadx programming software (free download) and potentially some firmware update tools for the panel and module (also on the website) depending on the suppliers stock and policy on firmware on products sold

Your existing battery, sensors, smoke alarms and sirens will work with it, but you will want to know the wiring type for these NO, NC, EOL etc.

Other than that, just some patience and some access to someone with experience with the programming and Fibaro integration

I am about to have my Satel alarm installed. Fingers crossed in the next week. Any tips suggestions that you can add to the above? e.g. things that were not obvious in the setup? Areas that you stumbled on?

I am installing PIR sensors, and two type of window sensors (vibration and simple magnet sensor).

Thanks in advance!

Curious about the possibilities. Since you're not able to identify them without actually having a Satel panel installed, it still remains something of a black box on what is possible and what isn't. Considering that Fibaro is mostly selling marketing, I'm just a little bit skeptical having to invest another € 400,- in a Satel-system to get a working alarm...

Anyway... Is there a manual available that describes in detail what can be done?

I would like as minimum:

- all sensors through Z-wave, none connected to the Satel directly

- possibility to set the requirement for 1 sensor to be tripped before another tripped sensor will trigger the alarm (to minimize the possibility of falsely setting off the alarm)

- possibility to deviate between full-armed or partially armed (I read that you could only add 1 Fibaro zone to the Satel? So that could mean that you could only arm all sensors or none?)

- delayed arm for one of the sensors

- check sensor status before arming and giving the option for manual override

Does anyone know if that is possible with the Satel alarm panel connected to the HC2?

I know, pretty basic stuff, but most of these items are impossible to do with the current Fibaro alarm panel, at least if you don't want to write lots of LUA.

Guest GG
    all sensors through Z-wave, none connected to the Satel directly

Why would you like to have a Satel system if you don't want any sensors to be connected to it?

I would say all your requirements could be satisfied with a Satel system (although I don't know exactly how to configure it). What could be done with the alarm system in HC2, I don't know.

Personally, I separate the security system (Satel) from the home automation system (HC2). I use pir- and magnetic sensors connected to Satel to trigger scenes in HC2. Also arming/disarming triggers scenes in HC2.

Because I would also like to have the temperature and LUX sensors. Since there are Z-wave sensors available that combine these functions, I do not like to have 2 or 3 separate sensors in the room, it's just too ugly.

I know Z-wave is probably somewhat less reliable than these dedicated sensors, but it should be acceptable.

Hi Guys,

Just a question but why do you even want a Satel panel???

I'm just asking purely out of interest. Surely if you just get Fibar Motion sensors (or others) you can do everything anyway?

For example I'm going to write some code to make sure that two motion trips happen before the system alarm sets off. Surely, if you can do this and get your system working well then that's all you need? Aren't you just adding more complexity and items that you already have?

Just interested to know the reason.

Dave

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

PS I would be the first to whine about the Fibar motion sensors but, having messed around whith them a lot, I seem to have them stable now - touchwood! So all this works out of the box.