Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Need help with double door 'VideoGate/Intercom' Sol. for HC2

dw89

Question

Hi All,

I have a conundrum which I'm swamped with information but no real solution. I've read lots on here plus lots elsewhere but still don't know what's best/cheapest solution that I can integrate into HC2 to have full control with Audio/Video.

My house has gates, 40m drive and then front door. I need a solution where somebody who drives up to my gate can push a button, hear and speak to me via HC2 and then I can open gate. I also need the same for the front door so, if for whatever reason, gates are open that someone can do the same on the front door because if I'm in the garden or in the basement I will have no idea anyone's there as I wont hear them. I've seen expensive solutions but I'd prefer something I can do myself so that I know how to fix...its how I've done everything else.

I'm trying to come up with a Fibaro Door Sensor, coupled to a momentary switch solution that also integrates a Foscam FI 9805E (POE version) for Audio/Video and Speaker. If I could do this twice (i.e once for Gate, once for front door) then, theoretically I could do it.

So, a) do you think this would work? b) Anyone got any better solutions c) Anyone done anything like this and how?

Ultimately I want it to work like this:

1) Someone pulls up at front gate

2) Either the motion detection (from camera) OR momentary button press (one of those vandal units for front gate, normal momentary for F/D) alerts me via HC2 that someone is there AND I can see them in the app.

3) I can use iPhone/iPad app to talk to them and then

4) Use HC2 via a Fibaro relay to open the gates (or front door).

I need your help guys

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" /> I really want to get this working!

KR, Dave

PS Just so you know the 9805E version has an I/O cable to which you can connect speaker/microphone and inputs/outputs for alarm (or maybe Fibaro via universal sensor!). You can see the specs here:

Please login or register to see this link.

)

2 answers to this question

Hi there,

I see you asked about this a year ago, but was wondering if you came up with a solution. Id like to do the same thing. I have a wall mounted android tablet that will be used as the receiver.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Gordz,

There's only really two/three:

1) Use Fibaro FGK with a binary switch and either sceneActivation or some custom lua OR

2) Use a Qubino dimmer (on say an inside light), drill through wall and do same as above (it has a binary input)

3) Just a motion sensor pointed backward at door (if you have a porch) so it doesn't get other traffic.

4) Use a Mobotix T25 door station (Fibaro HC2 v4 has a plugin) or 2N Helios Intercom. Both are about £800-£1200.

5) Use video gate instead with a cctv cam.

I've gone for Mobotix T25 as it's the best solution (albeit expensive). This is because it works pretty flawlessly (I'm told) and interconnects with Fibaro's Intercom in v4. If you just have a bell solution you still don't know who's at the door etc unless you use option 5. To me the Mobotix is the only 'perfect' solution as all the others have issues and the 2N units have poor resolution cameras from what I can see.

Hope that helps. If you search on here there's a few posts with 'bell' solutions on including an FGK to Friesland solution somewhere that is good.

Dave

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />