Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

IP2IR problems

Tekvibes

Question

I can't seem to send any IR command to the IP2IR. I'm on 3.591 beta. Tried suggestions of rebooting HC2 and Global cache without success. Anyone else has a suggestion?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

10 answers to this question

Please login or register to see this link.

Maybe that can help?

BTW, did you saved the commands to your iTach using iLearn?

• Inquirer
  • Strange stuff. I went out for dinner with friends yesterday and when I came back for some reason the itach received the IR commands normally. This morning I configured 2 more devices, restarted both devices and... Nothing. Even device I made yesterday doesn't work anymore. I haven't learned the command to the itach using Ilearn as I found out it received IR commands badly from my Harmony. I looked up my IR devices via the IR database from global cache. Do I need to put them in the Itach somehow?

I have also an iTach (wifi) and I still have to play with it, so I don't know things for sure.

What I have read from the documents available, you can, or have to (not sure), store the commands locally in the iTach device using iLearn.

What happens if you test a command from the iLearn program?

see:

• Inquirer
  • From the Ilearn everything works well. Problem is I can't really learn all my remotes as they sometimes give faulty IR commands. Also, I have a Roku remote which operates via Wifi although the Roku can also be controlled by IR.

I did some try-outs for this device. I made a virtual device to do some experiments with the ilearn command. Maybe it has some use for you (see attachments).

The HTTP button is, kind of, working. If you get a ' [ERROR] 12:51:20: line 36: Expected value but found T_END at character 1' then try another remote controll. It looks if the command string is to long for the HC2 to handle.

The TCP button is not finished yet.

[ Added: 2014-08-24, 12:55 ]

I also made an icon for this device....

Code of the http button:

Please login or register to see this code.

• Inquirer
  • I think it's an intermittent problem, which are the worst I guess. When I press play say 20-25 times on the fibaro it maybe registers it once or twice so I know somehow sometimes the itach receives something...

[ Added: 2014-08-24, 17:22 ]

Fixed!! Tried another router and changed default gateway of Fibaro from 8.8.8.8 (google) to default router gateway which fixed problem. Then as I was troubleshooting changed everything back to first router with default gateway of router. Everything fine. Seems as though the default gateway in Fibaro needs to be default gateway of router somehow...

I don't know if you can use Lua, but you can have a look at

I always use Lua for the iTach I use.

Fixed!! Tried another router and changed default gateway of Fibaro from 8.8.8.8 (google) to default router gateway which fixed problem.

The Gateway is they way communication should be to the internet. This should (almost) always be the router which is connected to the internet.

Googles address 8.8.8.8 is a DNS-server address which is used for converting URL-addresses to IP-address, like www.google.com --> 173.194.65.147.

So if the DNS and Gateway address are switched then strange things could happen when accessing local network-devices, because the HC2 don't get the proper info from you router.

The best way to configure is to use the routers DHCP server and your devices automatic DHCP allocation. If you need fixed IP-addresses on your local network then you could link the local device MAC-address to a fixed IP-address, which can be configured in your routers settings.

• Inquirer
  • Fixed!! Tried another router and changed default gateway of Fibaro from 8.8.8.8 (google) to default router gateway which fixed problem.

The Gateway is they way communication should be to the internet. This should (almost) always be the router which is connected to the internet.

Googles address 8.8.8.8 is a DNS-server address which is used for converting URL-addresses to IP-address, like www.google.com --> 173.194.65.147.

So if the DNS and Gateway address are switched then strange things could happen when accessing local network-devices, because the HC2 don't get the proper info from you router.

The best way to configure is to use the routers DHCP server and your devices automatic DHCP allocation. If you need fixed IP-addresses on your local network then you could link the local device MAC-address to a fixed IP-address, which can be configured in your routers settings.

Sorry, I meant DNS of course. Used Google DNS instead of default router DNS which is the same as my gateway of course. Not really sure why switching DNS back to original router DNS solved my problem. It's fixed however.

BTW, no need for learning IR codes in the itach. You can just go to Remote Central or itach's own library and copy-paste. It's also a much more accurate IR code that way.

[ Added: 2014-08-24, 22:41 ]

I don't know if you can use Lua, but you can have a look at

I always use Lua for the iTach I use.

I have an HC2 so yes, I can use Lua, but I cannot write in Lua. Let's say I use the buttons in Lua and make variables, could say starting or pausing a netflix movie or serie with the original Wifi remote trigger a scene the same way it does within XBMC with the plugin or is that not possible?

I did some try-outs for this device. I made a virtual device to do some experiments with the ilearn command. Maybe it has some use for you (see attachments).

The TCP button is not finished yet.

I made some code (beta) for the TCP button. A global variable called "VD_iTach_Instance" is needed:

For the http-button you can add (for blocking multiple running instances):

add at the end of the http-code:

Just in case anybody is interested...

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />