Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Center Lite and multimedia

Milos797

Question

Hi,

I am using HCL and I am trying to break the multimedia ice

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I see I must to do it all trough the virtual devices. This is probably working for the new TVs which can be controlled by the TCP\IP right? Ok, but what about for example DVD player. There is no device like this which support TCP\IP I think. So I can't create the program to use it. How can I control it then?

I read about iRDA booster or what is the name of it, but there are 3 things why I would like to do it another way.

1- I am not sure if this iRDA booster works with HCL. Don I need LUA to control it?

2- I coldn't find the seller in europe who can offer wholesale of this product. If this is the only way to do it, I will need to buy many of this devices.

3- because why? If there is another way how I can do it with old devices and not to spend 200euros, it would make me really happy

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for help.

2 answers to this question

Milos797, control of AV devices that do not support TCP/IP or another way of communication but have IR control can only be done with Global Cache (or similar) modules. They work with HCL and are capable of learning new IR codes.

• Inquirer
  • thanks.

[ Added: 2014-10-03, 00:31 ]

anyway, can enyone recomment any global cache which will work with fibaro and is available in europe?