Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Vision ZP3102 temperature

hvb83

Question

I've bought a Vision ZP3102 PIR. As with their other devices my first impressions are that inclusion is flawless. About reliability I cannot say much yet, but according to others it doesn't give false triggers.

Inside is a jumper that states "Pet", so I assume this is an undocumented setting for pets, etc. Right now I haven't played with that, might try it at a later stage.

Based on reviews, I expected that the HC2 would not be able to receive the information from the sensor, but as you can see in the attachment, the temperature is shown in the web-interface. How can I access this value in order to use them in scenes?

Also, in contrast to what I know from Fibaro sensors, the sensor will only sent a new temperature once it deviates - or + 1 degree. This is not enough for controlling my in-room temperature. The manual states "the user needs to get the controller for receiving the current temperature except when the temperature +1 or -1 degree then the sensor will automatically report to the controller." I have absolutely no idea how I can do this. I've already changed the wake-up interval to 600s, but it still doesn't show decimals for the temperature. Any ideas?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

4 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Thank you j.nowacki, that did the trick. I now have a virtual device that I can easily use for my scenes.

Do you have any tip as to what Vision means by having the controller request the temperature from the sensor, instead of waiting for the sensor to sent a new value by itself?

hvb83, I assume it is battery sensor? If so the maximum frequency of temp updates will still be quite low due to wake-up intervals. Maybe you should contact Vision support to ask what they meant by that? Maybe they meant polling, but with battery devices this is not functioning.

Dear HVB,

I have the same sensor, but I have some problems with the device's timeout (i guess). It takes too long before it senses new movement after it has detected one.

Is there a way to decrease the timeout? There is no template in the HC2, and I cannot add parameters?

btw, I made some icons:

Hope you can help me out! Thanks a lot

Edited by petervanderpol