Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

GreenWave NS310-F

johndejager

Question

17 answers to this question

Maybe not too helpful, but I added the GreenWave NS310-F (the power strip) in version 4.030 and to my great surprise and delight, it worked without any problems.

I can control it from the UI and even the power metering works. Didn't need to do any special tricks or parameter configuration. Just worked (as these things really should..).

So there should be hope.

Hi johndejager, do you mean the GreenWave 6 port powernode?

Here is from the manual to exclude it (it helped me when I had problems with it)

"To complete the process you must perform the following steps:

1. Unplug the PowerNode from the wall socket.

2. Locate the network button on the PowerNode. It is a small round button on the side of the device,

marked with the sync symbol.

3. Press and hold the network button while plugging the PowerNode into a wall socket. Keep the button

pressed for five seconds until the activity indicator begins to flash rapidly, indicating that the exclusion

process has completed. Your PowerNode is now free of its former association, and you can perform an

inclusion process to include it in your GreenWave Reality home network (refer to the “Network Inclusion

Process” section above)."

• Inquirer
  • No it's not the 6 node bar, it is the small single power node. But i think the exclusion is the same as the 6 node bar.

What is the problem you encounter? Doesn't it work after inclusion or you're unable to add it at all?

I struggled a bit locating the network button, I kept pressing what appeared to be a button but what turned out to be something holding the fuse..

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" /> The network button was on the opposite side.

I started the inclusion process in HC2 UI, plugged in the device and pressed the network button. Worked like a charm. But then again, it's a slightly different device so you never now.. For instance, the Qees dimmer is supposed to work, but my Qees switch doesn't.

• Inquirer
  • The problem is that i cannot get the node joined in the Z-wave network, i got the HC2 in learning mode but the device does'nt include

[ Added: 2015-01-17, 22:37 ]

I got it working, it turns out that you have to press and hold the power button for 5 seconds until the green ring lights up to reset the device.

Thnx guys

I got two of them and working almost perfect. The only disadvantage is no power reading.  If fibaro can fix this together with greenwave this is a cheaper no nonse alternative for the powerplug. 

How did you add this device tho the HC2, when the greenwave is connected i tried a factory default reset when pressing the sync button for 5 seconds (because this device was used in another environment).

The next step was add devices with the HC2 (no virtual device) and turn on the greenwave and press the sync button for 1 second the LED wil run clockwise but after a few seconds all LEDs are blinking, that occurs when the pair isn't successfull.

Which step i'm doing wrong here?+

EDIT:

I found the solution, this device was second hand and configured to the old gateway, with the following manual you can do an factory reset and it works with poweron/off and reading power usage, only i've a template warning.

Please login or register to see this link.

Has anyone an working template set, the device is working fine but i receive an error there's no template available.

Same for me, I have even sent a downloaded template to Fibaro developers for implementation (some firmware versions ago) but it wasn't implemented until now.

So, if anyone can help us out here with a template, that would be very nice

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

It would be great if fibaro adds a power reading for this device! It's cheap and in many places ideal.  No competition for the powerplug as it doesn't have a repeater in it and a color indication for the amount of power used. 

Please fibaro make it happen!

On 4/23/2016 at 0:13 PM, barend121 said:

It would be great if fibaro adds a power reading for this device! It's cheap and in many places ideal.  No competition for the powerplug as it doesn't have a repeater in it and a color indication for the amount of power used. 

Please fibaro make it happen!

I have a Greenwave 6 node bar and a Greenwave single power node. They work fine (also without a template) for several years now and I do also have actual power readings in my browser and app.

(using them on HCL running on 3.x to 4.x firmware updates)

Edited by PeGe
    typo

really, strange! Anyone else got readings from the single powernode?  I have this version, look at screenshot. Do you have the same version?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

This is what I see at both nodes:

Device kind: On / Off Switch
    Producer: GreenWave Reality Inc.
    Version: 4.20
    Configuration: Device configured

Parameters template: 315  (this line is only shown at the 6 node bar, not at the single node)

Z-Wave protocol type: 3
    Z-Wave protocol ver.: 3.33
    ( By the way, I've set polling time interval to 59 sec. to avoid blinking LED on the powernodes ;-) )

Hi,

Sorry to bring up an old post

I spotted these for 20 gbp each but wanted t check that they work as intended. - NS210-G-EN

Please login or register to see this attachment.

It would seem that with a bit of effort it includes which I am okay with. The power metering capability seems to be less clear form the thread. I'm looking to put it behind my washing machine,dishwasher and dryer to indicate an active or finished state. Does any have the power metering working through lua - The value doesn't need to be hugely accurate but needs to be somewhat in the ballpark

running HC2 with 4.110

many thanks

-f