Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HCL Update 4

richskiddle

Question

Apologies if this has been covered anywhere else, I can't see it. I have just updated my HC2 which is now running 4.032

I also have a HCL which was my main device, but I introduced the HC2 so I could run LUA

The HC2 has now lost the connection to the HCL and when I try to reconnect it says wrong version on the HCL. However I can't seem to update the HCL at all? It's on 3.593 at the moment

9 answers to this question

It has been covered and was also mentioned in the update info I believe but no problem =-), both devices, HC2 and HCL need to be on the same main software version, so both on 3.x or both on 4.x as there is no update yet for the HCL you had to leave both on the 3.x release in order to function as a gateway.

Can I downgrade the HC2?

Or have I just rendered my system useless

You can downgrade to the version your HC2 came on and then upgrade through the previous versions until you reach 3.600 or 3.591 or something.

See how to use the reovery in your manual.

Is not working anymore, after the recovery is the next step from version 1.047 not 3.600 anymore, directly 4.033.

Search the forum, you are not the first to downgrade from 4.xxx to 3.xxx

I can't find a correct Solution

According to my information, at the moment, the solution is simple but *not* obvious. After recovery of your box, if you wait 3 minutes, an upgrade to *4.033* should be offered. BUT... this actually will install *3.600*. If you don't want 4.033, it ends here.  But you can upgrade your running 3.600 to 4.033 later, if you want to.

Can you please try this?

Hi,

Just wondering, what is the timeframe on updating the hcl to version 4, because i have tried numerous ways as well to get both devices on the same version and i am not succeeding.
Anyone out there mind taking at least a guess, so i know when to check again?

Florian

HC2 last 3.x stable version is 3.590 or 3.600.

HCL last 3.x stable version is 3.593.

I believe there is no way you can get both HC2 and HCL on the exact same version cause the stable release version for each was never in-sync in the first place.